Fear Factory singer replacement?

• Thread starter wakjob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Edit: With Milo showing how much range he has, I do wish they'd go back to that intensity Soul of a New Machine had for at least one album. Milo seems like he can handle that style no problem, also having Pete's thrash background. Unless Dino's saving that kinda style for Divine Heresy.

Is there much point? FF are just a legacy act these days no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
The new singer is technically much better. But it's kinda lame he doesn't have his own style or personality. He'd be exceptional in a cover band... But it's the real band. It's a weird feeling.
No way. Don't ruin my chance of hearing fear Factory Live as it was supposed to be. Ever heard of Scar Symmetry? :lol:

It's like the guy to incarnate the cyberzombie Wayne Static. I think it's awesome they can keep the band going with exactly the same sound with a new guy.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Sidetrack, but I love how Static X have carried on with the new vocalist. I think if I died I'd love my band to carry on with someone cosplaying me.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think Milo is doing great. Maybe he's a little stiff at times but he'll only get more comfortable filling his hero's shoes, and I'd assume more so once they release new music. I'm hoping it's good 🤞

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority, but I think they should go all out on the vocal effects. Don't understand why Burt didn't autotune or whatever to make his live performances more tolerable. It's the perfect band to embrace that kind of stuff with the whole machine thing. Nothing wrong with it in context imo, just the same as guitar effects.

The new singer is technically much better. But it's kinda lame he doesn't have his own style or personality. He'd be exceptional in a cover band... But it's the real band. It's a weird feeling.
Yep, that's exactly how I see it, it feels like he's just pretending to be Burton instead of being his own performer. He's a million miles better vocally than Burton and says all the right things onstage, but has no command. I don't find him believable.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I feel like no one is going to be satisfied. Tries to do his own thing? Boo this guy sucks bring back Burton. Tries to emulate Burton? Wow what a shameless cover band.

Dude sounds fucking great live that's all I care about.
Milo is leagues above Burton as a performer.
Burton at his best live wasn't all that good.... Studio magic and time made him a decent vocalist on recordings.

We'll see how the lyrics are with Milo. I liked a lot of Burton's lyrical themes. My guess is Dino will be heavily involved in that part of writing with Milo.

Werecow

Reaction score
I just think they finally sound like Fear Factory live, rather than a cover band. Demanufacture is in my top three albums i think, but i always sorta cringed seeing live videos of them. I think the last few videos with Milo have been the first time i've thought "this is great!" .

I adore Burton's tone of voice on the albums, but it was so rare that he could do it properly live. All i wanted was for them to finally be able to do it, and they sound great now.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Whenever I think of live videos of FF this moment in Seoul on the Digital Connectivity dvd. He has the worst voice crack when saying Seoul... My jaw dropped at how bad it was. I couldn't believe they used that footage.