Fears and phobias

• Thread starter SevenStringSam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
This is gonna sound wierd, but...slugs. I hate the fuckers. Used to love them as a little kid. But once you've been in a field at dusk when hundreds of the little bastards crawl up the grass and brush up against your legs, you might just despise them too... :ugh: *shudders*

I also hate the idea of the open ocean like many people here. On a boat, it's cool. But otherwise, the massiveness would just be too much. On that note, jellyfish give me the willies. Forget shark attacks, they're improbable. Swimming through a school of jellyfish that went unseen to you is actually very likely in some places.

For some reason, I'm not scared of the dark anywhere except my own home. If I'm walking in the open outside at night, no worries. Even dark forests don't phase me much. I have no idea why this is; it probably got conditioned into me as a little kid somehow. :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

reptillion

Reaction score
there's this one teacher at my school. honestly, he's the only person i'm afraid of. He's a frail old man, but you can never tell what he's thinking. he's bipolar, sometimes just acts like a senile old man, but if he feels like it, youll be infront of the principal for cheating on an assignment you havent completed yet. Not to mention he looks just like dick cheyne, exact same smile.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
My mom, even on her good days, she scares the crap out of me. She doesn't yell, she gets quieter, so you have to lean in closer to hear her, then you run the risk of getting dropped to the ground. I'm exactly the same way, which is why she vents out her frustrations about my dad and stupid older sister to me. :)

Cyanide Assassin

play me some metal!!
Reaction score
bridges are my fear. if someone is driving and im sitting in the car i have to put my head down and close off my eyes and ears until we're over. cant walk over em either. shit sucks. kinda weird and all and i dont know why im afraid of bridges either.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
what are your deepest fears and or phobias.

for some reason i hate clowns

SOME reason? Clowns are fucking terrifying and evil, it is natural to despise demon pedophiles.

I'm dead afraid of cockroaches.

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
Needles, spiders, snakes, heights.

Oh, and thanks to this thread, the Slender Man. Thanks cunts! :rofl:

Necky379

Reaction score
im afraid of getting old. i hate nursing homes and the thought of not being in control of body and the extreme vulnerability/weakness that comes with old age. i watched my great grandmother and my grandmother both waste away in a nursing home. my grandpa's knees were shot from football before he got them replaced and he could barely walk somedays. even my older friends under 60 are generally burnt out from work and stress. i love being young (22) and i dont know how im going to deal with getting old.

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
I wouldn't say fear, but I hate failure.. a LOT.
Can't seem to live with it really :shrug:

Arsis

Serious ....age
Reaction score
I do not like larger spiders crawling on me or in my place of dwelling.
This. The past 2 years I have found 3 unknown "sores" on me. One on the back of my leg, one on my waist, and worse of all... One about an inch and a half above and to the left of my member. About 2 weeks later, I flip open my blanket and there that fucker was. he suffered the flip flop :D.

Bugs with big/fast wings startle me when the all of the sudden start flying. Some unfamiliar bugs kind of creep me out. I don't know what bugs and insects are capable of and they do not function as us mammals do. Therefore, I dislike them

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I have tiered fears.

First tier (scared no matter what):
Spiders, Holes, Heights

Second tier (scared sometimes):
Deep Water, People (like a crowd), Clowns

Jeggs

Reaction score
I hate spiders, really hate em! If I see one i get almost paralyzed with fear, no matter the size of the bastard :(

Not too found of large amounts of ppl either

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Fucking needles, forgot about that.
That and the colon cancer exam when I'm 50; I'm not going through with it. Can't stand the thought. Though I think that's a widely shared fear :lol:

SD83

Reaction score
being in the woods alone at night.

That! Even whem I'm not alone. And you know what is weird? I was not at all scared of woods at night when I was a child. Darkness itself is kinda making me nervous as well. I hate it when I can't see what's going on and just hear tons of noises all around me.
Large amounts of people in a small area that I don't feel part of. Crowded concerts of my favourite band are no problem, but on other occasions it drives me insane.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Fucking needles, forgot about that.
That and the colon cancer exam when I'm 50; I'm not going through with it. Can't stand the thought. Though I think that's a widely shared fear :lol:

its just like taking a dump, but backwards. :lol:

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
Worst fear in life is to never be able write another song and sit there drenched in misery and despair day after day, week after week as I stare blankly at an empty GarageBand project.

It's happened before and holy fuck is it a terrible feeling.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
Spiders..... I don't care if their big or small, if there's a spider anywhere near me I will go out of my way to kill the fucker :lol:
And for some reason large boats, small ones (The kind where only about 7-8 people can fit comfortably) don't bother me at all

MrMcSick

Derp
Reaction score
I have a severve anxiety disorder and I don't have the time or resources to compile a list of my fears. Fn sucks.