Fender is About to Start Making Some Nice Cuts

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
After years of owning Jackson and Charvel, looks like Fender is finally ready to piss of some purists and add some modern amenities. Heel carves. I'm all in. Charvels answer most of these questions already, but I'm for it.

Web_Fender_Middle_Bonus_Content_Feature.jpg

Attachments

• fender-making-nice-cuts-guitar.jpg
    fender-making-nice-cuts-guitar.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1

mastapimp

Reaction score
I'm also in favor of this, but I wonder if they'd ever ditch the back plate. My Charvel Guthrie Govan guitar has a perfectly sculpted heel with no plate and it's very comfortable to play up high. Same with my EQ FT7. I guess this cut + plate is a compromise to keep some of the original aesthetics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
When I'll get old(er) and my nephews (if any) will ask me "when did rock start being meh" , I'll reply "when traditional bolt on heels, 22 frets and only 6 strings became a problem".

Maybe I'm old already tho.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Looks really promising. Hell, as long as they have matching headstocks I'm gonna snatch one no matter what the specs are or what they cost. The one in the last shot even seemed to have a finish similar to the Squier in my avatar which I love. :D

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I love that Fender often leaves headstocks plain on strats. But if I can buy a “real” fender strat with 21-22 frets a good bridge and a heel carve then guess whose going to dress up as Yngwie? This guy.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
As far as the FMIC portfolio goes, I always figured Fender was for the largely traditional stuff, Charvel for the 80’s metal (but vintage at this point) stuff, and Jackson for the modern stuff.

That being said I do like strats with some modern appointments now and then. Squier has been doing it for ages with their ‘contemporary’ models, I’d love to see more Fenders that edge into that Charvel kind of territory.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
A good idea, but one that looks to be very poorly executed if the image is anything to go by given the very angular join under the top horn. As mastapimp said, they already have what are surely better neck joints on some guitars under their other name brands so these seem like a bit of a mistake to me. Not a ‘Gibson social media” size mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

efiltsohg

Reaction score
Isn't the market for these all buying Charvels or Jacksons anyway?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Give me a strat with a reversed headstock and floyd in that blue and I'm in :lol:
I'm glad Angel proved this could look so good, but I still think the strat head might be the one time I'm a proponent of regular original headstock orientation.

they're like 40 yrs too late. Washburn, kramer, ibanez, all theshredder brands were doing this shit ages ago
I like the idea of Fender being like, "goddamnit, KRAMER beat us to it!!" No matter how many San Dimas Charvel and Jackson might sell, Fender will blow them out of the water and any allegiance to one brand over another is decades too late. I welcome it.