Fernandes Guitars files for bankruptcy

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Ever since I got my Ravelle (used on Reverb), I noticed that they kind of disappeared except for Japanese imports. I kinda figured something was up with the company but had no idea what, so now it kinda makes sense. Not unlike Randall in the US, I bought a T2 back in '07-'08 and after that they just kinda went *poof*.
Not gonna lie though, I'm still super chuffed at scoring a Ravelle Deluxe for $400 on Reverb (including a hardshell case).

Attachments

• $_57 2.JPG
    $_57 2.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 4
  • $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 3

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is unfortunate. I’ve never had the pleasure of playing one of their guitars but have always heard good things about them.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm surprised they were still around lol. Dead in the states for a decade+, minimal presence in Japan, and one of their biggest claims to fame was pretty much taken over by another company. From what I can tell everyone that used Fernandes sustainers (Vai, Kerry King, etc) swapped over to Sustainiacs. So there was pretty much nowhere to go for them.

Also speaking of Fender; wasn't the Jackson PC1 's Sustainer made Floyd Rose/Schaller? Every other time I've seen a FMIC guitar use a Sustainer, it's a Sustainiac, so I don't think it's in-house.

B.M.F.

Blasphemy Made Flesh
Contributor
Reaction score
s-l1200.webp

This was peak Fernandes right here for me. LP copies so good they were Fripp-approved. RIP to another cool company.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
My one knowledge of Fernandes are the Riggs and Blasko ads from the first Rob Zombie album era, the Ravelle shape, and the travel guitar with the built-in speaker...but in my 35-ish years of playing guitar, I've never even touched a single one.

Last edited:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tbh, I didn't know they were still around. I've played a couple of Revolvers years ago, never owned anything Fermandes. The Sustainer pickup was fun to play around with, I might pick one up if it came around and was a decent price.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I had an entry level tremor bass like this with the mm pickup:
Capture.PNG

It was a good little bass. By the way finding a good pic of this model that I could download was pretty hard, and each result on Google Images would take me to websites with expired certificates or would redirect to weird foreign cooking or IT websites.
I think that is oddly representative of how irrelevant the brand became.