Fighting Game Thread

• Thread starter Choop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Have you guys played Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers? It's legit really cool, I'd never played it before being turned onto this classic roulette tournament thing. Playing Gallon right now, but I'm also interested in learning Demitri too.

Loved, LOVED the Darkstalker series. :wub: It came at the right time when I felt that the SF series was stagnating. I was a hardcore Morrigan player back during the Night Warriors before I took Donovan and Demitri seriously. Then switched to Jedah on VS (but kept Demitri as a backup). Dabbled with Anakaris as well.

The series needs a new addition stat. I mean I loved it when 5 of the cast ended up in Capcom Fighting Jam, also happen to be the best characters in the roster, but the fun ran dry on that game quick, and that was 10 years ago... :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
Have you guys played Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers? It's legit really cool, I'd never played it before being turned onto this classic roulette tournament thing. Playing Gallon right now, but I'm also interested in learning Demitri too.

Also hype if 3rd strike gets chosen. I was working on my charge partitioning for Urien not too long ago, but if I'm not confident I can always play Ryu. Also I can kind of play Oro decently, but I'd have to really practice him again if I wanted to pull him out. :X

I had darksalkers back in the day on ps1 and I liked it allot at the tme. havent played it since then

when I played the original blazblue for the 1st time I thought it felt similar to some characters in darkstalkers

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Yoshimitsu just revealed for Tekken 7.

1242882210336615714.jpg

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
Haha I just had my first quitality against an Ermac :lol:. Well I was mixing him high-low low-high at his wakeup with Cassie (brawler) so if you're not used to that kind of lame play (lol) I guess it's really annoying. Just before that I fought against another Ermac and he totally raped my Takeda (lasher), I couldn't figure how to punish his stuff (I think the move with the fastest startup is 8f...) and he had a string after his teleport that put him away from me so even while blocking I couldn't punish (I tried to punish inbetween blocked attacks too but with no success). I guess it's time to hit the lab.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Haha. Haven't seen one yet. Glad they implemented something to punish rage quitters.

I have had my ass severely handed to me on multiple occasions. It's how you get better.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
He looks so sick! His appearance is great, and all of his moves look really aggressive. Seems like they show off "EX" moves in these trailers a lot, because at least his double knee press looked like his normal one with modified a finisher like in Omega mode USF4. Also I'm curious as to whether a couple of those throws were his normal throws, or maybe command throws since they gave him one in Omega mode recently. :D

Also lol@beating up on Charlie.

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the really thick design of the characters (it suits Bison well though).

MKX players I'm curious, what characters do you main ? I like brawler Cassie and lasher Takeda, and I fool around with inferno Scorpion and war god Kotal kahn. Takeda and Kotal are so hard to play, with their slow moves you need to keep the fight in the mid range but everybody online just rush head first. And I really think that Erron Black should be nerfed because he has too many low-overhead mixups, it's no longer a fighting game, it's a guessing game.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
My main is Ninjustu Scorpion is my main. I'm not exactly what one would call good or competitive though. Haha.

TremontiFan16

Tyler Russell
Reaction score
I'm trying to get better with Jason lately...Can't seem to get anything above maybe 28% on his slasher variation.
Any ideas?

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
I enjoy watching Maximilian, he did a week of Jason, here's an episode if you want to steal some tech :

I'm trying ethereal Mileena but I can't find a use for the teleport aside from baiting stuff.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the really thick design of the characters (it suits Bison well though).

MKX players I'm curious, what characters do you main ? I like brawler Cassie and lasher Takeda, and I fool around with inferno Scorpion and war god Kotal kahn. Takeda and Kotal are so hard to play, with their slow moves you need to keep the fight in the mid range but everybody online just rush head first. And I really think that Erron Black should be nerfed because he has too many low-overhead mixups, it's no longer a fighting game, it's a guessing game.
I main Shirai Ryu Takeda, Sorcerer Quan, and Imposter Shinnok, Takeda's best variation is SR imo. It has the best damage potential, mobility, and the mask he wears in that variation just completes his look. My advice for not getting overwhelmed with Takeda in close quarter situations (and it's why I prefer Shirai Ryu) is to use his teleport since it can be held or canceled out of which is great when an opponent blocks one of his combos and attempts a reversal as you can cancel out of the teleport and block (which allows you to punish their attack) or hold the teleport and end up at full or mid screen distance. Takeda can be hard to use but once you know what to do with him he's alot of fun.

As for Erron I think he's fine, he only has one actual combo with a low overhead mixup, maybe you in general but I think knowing the character more will fix that.