Finally! (Opeth content.)

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
Ordered Still Life and My Arms, Your Hearse today. :woot:

I've been meaning to for a long time, but I'm uberfrugal, and had other stuff to get first. I broke down and decided I had to have them at last. The mayhem will begin shortly. :mk:

Also ordered:
Purple cliplock strap (For the Strat 7)
Ultex JIIIs :)cool:)
and another String Swing wall hanger.

Oh, yeah. I also got some stainless steel strings for the 1527, but they are on backorder. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

arnoroth661

Tremol-no User
Contributor
Reaction score
I deem Opeth true. :flex: at all who oppose.

:yesway: I have all of Opeth's music, except for the REAL early stuff (Morningrise).

Anyone heard of any new stuff coming out? Hopefully Axenrot and legolas will keep it together. :nono:

Seedawakener

ouh...
Reaction score
I think they have been recording for a while. Thats what their new guitarist said to my father in june anyway, he had recorded his solos at that time!'

They are doing 250 shows to support the next album, btw!

SunburnedCactus

My slinky!!
Reaction score
I like Blackwater Park most of all, it is the first one I got so it has a special place for that. But now I have them all they are all good in their own right. Even Orchid.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
:metal:
Blackwater Park, Damnation and Ghost Reveries are my favorites.

For some reason, Damnation is probably my most listened to Opeth album :ugh:
I dunno. It's just the perfect "driving home after a long night" album for me.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Every song i've heard from them i liked (songs like "Rainforest"), but i don't have any albums yet. It's on my "to get" list.
One thing i can't stand (and it's a personal taste matter) is when the singing turns into growling too often.

Any album on wich there's less of that?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Every song i've heard from them i liked (songs like "Rainforest"), but i don't have any albums yet. It's on my "to get" list.
One thing i can't stand (and it's a personal taste matter) is when the singing turns into growling too often.

Damnation :) There's not a single growl or heavily distorted guitar on the entire album. It's really nice and mellow. :yesway:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Damnation :) There's not a single growl or heavily distorted guitar on the entire album. It's really nice and mellow. :yesway:

But i like the heavily distorted guitar :(
The acoustics parts aren't my favorites parts in Opeth's songs, altough they're quite nice (not fan of acoustic guitar in general).

It's only the growls i want to avoid (a bit) :lol:
Other suggestion? :)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Aw. Ermmm.. Ghost Reveries maybe? Off the top of my head, I don't think it has quite as much as the other albums, though I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.

SunburnedCactus

My slinky!!
Reaction score

Rainforest...? :scratch:

Blackwater Park and Deliverance have quite a few clean vocals on them (Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilsons involvement increased them a bit, especially since he sang some of them) but generally speaking they all have a similar ratio of growls to erm... sings.

motaboy

Reaction score
I'm a fan of every song they ever made, but I gotta say that beyond the fact that Still Life might very well be their best album, there are two moments on the first track that I just blow me away:

1. The intro for the song is like 3 minutes long, then it hits you in the f'ing face! :hbang:
2. There is a point where you suddenly find yourself listening to this beautiful acoustic picking and mellow electric lead... where just a few moments ago you were head banging to this slow but heavy part... I don't have the track with me so I can't put a time on it rigth now... but u know what I mean :metal:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I :wub: both of them a alot.

But My arms, your hearse = DEMON OF THE FALL! :tmm:

Latest posts