First Ever Post to Sevenstring :)

C3Aye

Not C2Aye
Reaction score
Recorded a song and wanted some constructive criticism on mix, drums etc. from people I don't know so its more objective and such (I know my playing is bad since I've barely been playing guitar for a few months being a bassist). Also I've been told this is rather odd so if you don't like odd don't listen! So if you would like to listen to my song and tell me what you think of it please do so! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
nice one dude, that guitar palm mute pattern reminds me of some bulb test clip which is pretty similar haha. i reckon drums should be louder and punchier, its good to use something as a reference when mixing, especially when youre just starting out. so you can roughly match the levels and EQing of the instruments :) you also have a valuable source of knowledge in the form of your brother (im guessing by your username/location haha)

but cool track man :yesway:

edit: found it, http://soundcloud.com/iambulb/axefx-ii-high-gain-test-clip if you compare yours and his, his drums are way more upfront in the mix, dont be afraid to make things too loud :D

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Very sexcellent, the bass is really driving the mix a lot nicely, what are you using for everything.. might as well ask :p

C3Aye

Not C2Aye
Reaction score
Right, need to make the drums louder and punchier. Thanks for teh tips :) (I showed my brother and he said the snare and kick needed to be louder but I guess I didn't turn them up enough).

bhakan

Reaction score
I'd try turning the synth/ambient parts down a little bit, they seem to be overpowering everything else. I also agree that the drums could be brought up. It's pretty good overall.

I was also really confused when I saw this thread, because I saw a post by C2Aye saying it's his first post :scratch:.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Well, welcome! If you're half as talented as your brother you're better off than the rest of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
If I rename myself to C4Aye does this mean I'll get better at playing guitarz?

C3Aye

Not C2Aye
Reaction score
Nah my friends decided that C4 is the nickname my first child shall receive in the very distant future so it has been reserved :D

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
C4Aye actually sounds like a pirate supervillain blowing up stuff with C4 :lol:
good stuff, dude :yesway:

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
btw I was laughing at the confusion, not your track.

Love the composition. +1 to all the mix tips.

One thing I noticed is that your kick drum doesn't have much "click" in it.

That will help it cut through much better. It's anywhere between 3 and 7kHz