First guitar build (Steinberger content)

• Thread starter sytraxiplague
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Spell

Reaction score
This is a fantastic piece. Not to be super weird, but your approach to painting - color selection, composition, mood, technique, detail work - is extremely similar to my own. Extremely.

spilla

Reaction score
Only just found this thread now, cant believe the progress it has gone through, looks great!

guy in latvia

Reaction score
DUDE! :O

Holy crap this has turned out incredible! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! I want to send you my RG7 asap!

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
This is very pretty! You've waited a long time for this to finish and I can see the wait was well worth it with how incredible the attention to detail is!

Be_eM

Reaction score
I don't know how I managed to miss that thread until now, but this is one beautiful piece of art… and will be a great guitar for sure. I'm truly impressed :)

Bernd

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping without an update... Well... It's kind of an update..

So several several months ago, I ordered a neck from Moses; no dots. I got it promptly and everything was good... Except one thing. The neck had dots.

I send the neck back and I know it takes a little bit of time for custom orders, that's cool with me. I get an email from Steve a week or two later saying that it's going to be shipped that weekend.

3 or so more weeks pass and I decide to email Steve about this situation. I get no email replies (after sending 3 emails and waiting at least a week for something). I call, and my call is ignored. I finally resort to pretending to buy a new neck, and I get called back within ten minutes (outrage).... Not sure which of the guys answered, but they were basically speechless and didn't know what to say because I had tricked them. After stuttering around, the man finally said it would ship out by the end of the week.

After another several weeks of no neck, I finally shoot an email saying I'm going to contact Paypal and get my money back and file a claim against them. Within 2 days I receive a tracking number for the neck being sent to me. It's a shame you have to resort to these tactics with Moses before getting the product...

SO. After all of this, I believe the neck was thrown together in those 2 days that it took them to send it out. It's a beautiful neck, but the frets on the lower end of the neck look bent, and there is a crack where the truss rod is at the headpiece. I just received it about 2 days ago and I promptly emailed them, so I'll wait a bit longer for a response.

If I don't get one what should I do? Technically I have a neck, and they have my money. I'm 90% sure at this point they will ignore all my attempts to contact them. This is outrageous and I just want the neck done right. That shouldn't be so much to ask, especially for such an expensive product. Quality is a must. If anyone is interested I will post the pictures I emailed Steve of the cracked headpiece and crooked frets. I'd really like some advice on what I could possibly do.

Tymon

Reaction score
Crap dude! I have similar problems with my neck which I ordered from Moses. First off, it took them a ridiculously long time to have it shipped. Then when I got it, it didn't have stainless steel frets in it. To which I got a reply that it SHOULD have ss frets. Well yeah, of course it SHOULD, that's what I ordered, but it were definitely normal frets. So I sent it back, which is almost 2 months ago. Still waiting for a new neck with ss frets.

And communication is pretty crappy indeed...

Not sure what I'd do in your situation because well, they're pretty much the only company who makes Stein necks! As you prolly know...

Goatchrist

Reaction score
What an horror story man! I would be very interested in seeing this pictures.
I hope it turns out OK for you.

Strange, when I talked to Steve the communication was good and he answered quickly and accepted my honest feedback(my neck had a scratch on the 23th fret), probably because I told him that I can live with that(mainly because I did not want to send it back to the states). But for that price quality is a must, I totally agree with you on that!

Here's the "scratch".
imag0263b.jpg

You got me scared, I wanted to buy an fretless carbon neck for my Steinberger bass, guess I'll have to risk it. :-/

Good luck to you sir!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Holy crap!

I forgot all about this thread. It's been a while!

That artwork is looking sick!

Jason Spell

Reaction score
Apologies for the necrobump. Asking two things: Did you ever get the neck situation resolved? And do you have completed pics of the assembled guitar?

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Apologies for the necrobump. Asking two things: Did you ever get the neck situation resolved? And do you have completed pics of the assembled guitar?

Well, it's been a while, had some family issues to resolve recently so the guitar has been put on hold for a while. The painting is reaallyyy reaallyyy close to complete.

I already have the neck, bridge, pups, etc. the neck is finally correct, despite a weird glue-ish/rough-type spot around the 7th fret on the fretboard itself.. I'm just choosing to ignore it because it was such a hassle to deal with the first time. I'll post a picture in a few minutes of the guitar at it's current state. It hasn't changed too much since last time..

Sorry, the tri-force is gone, but I understand it's removal haha. I didn't want to bring this back from the dead since there hasn't been much progress, but since it's already been done, I might has well post a picture or two now.

9545699051_97f73ebc63_k.jpg

9545697515_2209ea2db2_b.jpg

9548481888_1d50cbb719_b.jpg

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it's been a while, had some family issues to resolve recently so the guitar has been put on hold for a while. The painting is reaallyyy reaallyyy close to complete.

I already have the neck, bridge, pups, etc. the neck is finally correct, despite a weird glue-ish/rough-type spot around the 7th fret on the fretboard itself.. I'm just choosing to ignore it because it was such a hassle to deal with the first time. I'll post a picture in a few minutes of the guitar at it's current state. It hasn't changed too much since last time..

Sorry, the tri-force is gone, but I understand it's removal haha. I didn't want to bring this back from the dead since there hasn't been much progress, but since it's already been done, I might has well post a picture or two now.

9545699051_97f73ebc63_k.jpg

9545697515_2209ea2db2_b.jpg

9548481888_1d50cbb719_b.jpg
Amazing art work :yesway: What kind of paints did you use to paint it ?