First post / noob questions

• Thread starter burritosaurus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Inspiration shouldn't really be forced. What inspired me to get "serious" about my playing was writing my own music. I never really got into hammering out covers unless I was playing out and making money off of it. Music is such a cool form of personal expression! Think about what you would need to do to be able to play the stuff floating around in your head.

As far as integrating another string into your playing learn all your modes/scale/arps while using the low B for your roots. You'll see a whole other side of the fretboard open up to you.:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't really have anything to add to this, pretty much everyone has done a great job giving you advice! I did want to say that I've always been very passionate about music as well. Not just guitar, but as a whole. I'm going to college in the fall for Music Ed. and I'm glad I read this because it gave me a nice heads-up. I'm sure there will be some point where I get sick of doing the music stuff, but I'll just have to work through it. It should be worth it in the end. I hope I don't "lose the passion" as it seems has happened to quite a few out there!

Also, I love this forum and the people are so great and are an inspiration themselves! Just hang around here for a little while and you'll be back into playing in no time :)

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
1) how does someone *rediscover* their passion for guitar?

do you have a good amp or fx that you love playing through? A good guitar tone is what really gets me looking forward to picking the guitar up after work. For metal, that would be a brutal sounding distortion.