Five String Guitars

• Thread starter Jiro Uchiha
  • Start date
  • Tags
    shono
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiro Uchiha

Reaction score
Hi I'm New Here:wavey: And I Was Wondering If Anyone Had Tips On Playing An Electrical Guitar That's Missing A String.:metal: I've Been Playing My Guitar With Five Strings Since The Day I Got It.I Also Play With My THimb Just INcase That's Valuabule Info If Anyone Had Any Tips Other Than Buy A New String I Would Love To Hear It:hbang:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Hi I'm New Here:wavey: And I Was Wondering If Anyone Had Tips On Playing An Electrical Guitar That's Missing A String.:metal: I've Been Playing My Guitar With Five Strings Since The Day I Got It.I Also Play With My THimb Just INcase That's Valuabule Info If Anyone Had Any Tips Other Than Buy A New String I Would Love To Hear It:hbang:

I'm Not Entirely Sure What You're Asking, But I Will Say That I Am Not Entirely Sure, Either, Why You Start Every Word With A Capital Letter. It Is Not Strictly Necessary.

:D

In all seriousness, what are you trying to find out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
What kind of music do you play? Do you know of the (sadly discontinued) Schecter Celloblaster series?

flo

Reaction score
There are these guitars with the long thick strings, they come as fivestrings quite often :lol:

hpim2326.jpg

Other than that, there are a few guitars that come with five strings, usually tuned in fifths.
px-NE15RS533f.jpg

Have you tried a fifths tuning?

What's your current tuning?

Which one is the missing string?

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
What kind of music do you play? Do you know of the (sadly discontinued) Schecter Celloblaster series?

Not so good is the fact that they were based on an idea had by the world-renowned bullshitter and "shred mandolinist" Douchebag Maestro Alex Gregory. Therefore, I won't have anything to do with those Schecters, on principle :D

Jiro Uchiha

Reaction score
I'm Not Sure If You guyz Got Me But I Have A Fender Starcaster Missing The .009 String. I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Tell Me If I Needed To get That String To Play Funk Jazz Metal Rock And Blues

flo

Reaction score
I'm Not Sure If You guyz Got Me But I Have A Fender Starcaster Missing The .009 String. I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Tell Me If I Needed To get That String To Play Funk Jazz Metal Rock And Blues

Well... do you need it?

Certainly for most cover songs you will at least.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
There are those guitars with the long thick strings, they come as fivestrings quite often :lol:

hpim2326.jpg

Other than that, there are a few guitars that come with five strings, usually tuned in fifths.
px-NE15RS533f.jpg

Have you tried a fifths tuning?

What's your current tuning?

Which one is the missing string?

Actually REALLY wanted a celloblaster back in the day.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score

Why would you not have the top string?

Did you deliberately take it off, or did it break and you couldn't be bothered to replace it?

Murmel

Reaction score

STOP WRITING WITH A CAPITAL LETTER ON EVERY WORD.

Thank the fuck you.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice caps BTW. :lol:
His first polite attempt wasn't headed so more drastic measures had to be taken.

On topic, look for really old guitar pieces if you only want to use 5 strings, since the instrument was traditionally just that.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Edit: Seems this guy is a 13 year old kid... :scratch:

Guess that explains all the craziness.

Jiro Uchiha

Reaction score
Oay Most Of You Are Spamming On My Thread So GET OFF. I Will Use Whatever Caps I Want. Not Since It Seems Only A Few Actually Care To Help Me I Have To say Thanks To Them And Well Every Body Else Can :fawk: Themselves No It Broke Within 24 Hours Of Me Having It. I THen Got A Replacment Earlier This Month And It BRoke Within 24 Hours. The Local Walmart Doesn't Sell Strings There Are No Music Stores Nearby And Every Where That Does HAve Strings Either Have None In Stock Or Are Too Expensive. I Want Help That Costs Me UNder $0.01.c So Now That That's Cleared Up. Take The Next String Off? That Would Give Me A 4 String Guitar. I Want TO Play Music At My Level But I Wanna Keep My Fifth String. The Thinnest Highest One Is GOne And Let Me Tell You It Is A Pain TO Install Guitar Strings On That Fender I Have. Now Another Thing. I'm A NOOB. I Don't Understand Any Of THis HArdware Mumbo Jumbo Or Tuning. I HAve My Strings Tuned One Way The Rest Is Me. I HAve An Esteban Amp One Of The Smalleer Ones. THe Guitar Is Set TO: vol.6 Tone1 TOne1. The Amp Is Tuned To: Gain 5 Boost Off VOl 5 TReble 10 Middle 0 Bass0. That's My Current Set Up. I HAve Another THat Has: Tone 10 Tone 10. And The Amp Set TO Treble 0 Middle 0 Bass 10. Now Tell Me What I Can Do With That Setup. IOf Not Leavbe Me Be Or This Will Sound Like Youtube Arguments. :agreed::fawk: All Who Annoy Me. :shred:

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
When I first started, I was playing guitar for a few months with only 5 strings.

One of the d00ds from LoG was only using 5 strings on his guitar for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.