Floyd Rose Piezo Saddles (Pics)

• Thread starter The Dark Wolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Abhorred

Reaction score
I'm crossing my fingers that it actually works out this time; though it's only really appealing to a relatively small niche, getting piezo Floyds out in the aftermarket is long overdue.

Piezo + Floyd 7 = :drool:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Um not to rain on the parade. But aren't seven string Floyds fairly scarce?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Um not to rain on the parade. But aren't seven string Floyds fairly scarce?

Not really. Guitar Parts Depot almost always has OFR 7s in stock, and if not you just have to wait for a bit and they get more in. Personally if I get a set they'll be going into a KxK and Rob doesn't seem concerned about sourcing one.

I'm far more concerned about whether or not the piezo saddles actually come out :lol:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
You know if Schecter puts the C7 Hellraiser FRR into production it would be about perfect to mod with the piezo saddles. It's already routed for three knobs and has a battery compartment for the EMGs. :D

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah and would gobble up more ofr's. piece of shit.
lol i actually like the hellraiser, just hate the lack of ofr's. i want a piezo loaded one. sure there are fixed bridge piezos, but i just like the extra combined option, know what i mean?

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Not really. Guitar Parts Depot almost always has OFR 7s in stock, and if not you just have to wait for a bit and they get more in.

ive noticed this too. but then

Personally if I get a set they'll be going into a KxK and Rob doesn't seem concerned about sourcing one.
i thought rob wont agree to putting one in a kxk because he CANT source one?

I'm far more concerned about whether or not the piezo saddles actually come out :lol:
agreed

8string

Grande puta de gear!
Contributor
Reaction score
now if they could release a 7-string variax I'd be set....

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i thought rob wont agree to putting one in a kxk because he CANT source one?

He doesn't list them as an option because he was concerned about getting them in quantity. However he didn't seem worried about it on the quote he's preparing for me right now that we emailed about on Friday :shrug:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm actually debating between two... one that I can't really say anything about because it's a model that hasn't been announced and the other is a Vii-7:

- 25.5" scale 24 fret
- maple neck / mahogany wings
- tung oil neck finish
- blank ebony white bound board
- reversed inline seven headstock
- trans green quilt maple top w/ matching headstock
- abalone KxK headstock logo
- chrome OFR bridge / locking nut
- vol & 3 way pup selector
- push/pull vol for series/parallel of the neck pup
- Graphtech Ghost system w/ push/push dark control
- three way output mini switch

This body shape:

ProtoVii7b1.jpg

Or maybe the same specs but in an Sii-7 with my eye body inlay in abalone. I need to make up my mind, but I've got until after NAMM as I want to see if these floyd piezos actually come out :agreed:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
That shape doesn't do it for me. So thankfully I am suffering no empathy GAS. :D

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That shape doesn't do it for me. So thankfully I am suffering no empathy GAS. :D

Funny thing is it did nothing for me when Dave first posted it, but it's sort of grown on me like a fungus :rofl:

Of course it could be an Sii-7 (same shape as my current one) with those specs as well. I'm still completely undecided at this point :shrug: