Movies you've been watching...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare- This was a damn fun movie. It was nasty, brutal, abut also had a lot of goofier lighthearted moments (like a lot of Ritchie's films). Cavill and the cast in general seemed to be having a blast filming it. There's a good blend of balls to the wall action and skullduggery/espionage bits. It's pretty obvious that Guy Ritchie would be a great fit for making a Bond film based off this, Man from UNCLE and Operation Fortune.
Definitely worth a watch imo.

jco5055

Reaction score
Just saw Challengers - It was pretty good, I'd give it a 3.5 because it isn't a "really liked it" I give a 4/5, but it is probably like a 3.8 or so if I was being precise.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I only watched it once in the early 2010's, I think, but remember liking it quite a bit. It's one of those movies that I feel like should've gotten more attention but went very unnoticed. I also loved Donnie Darko since seeing it in high school around that time so I liked the vibe Richard Kelly brought to it. Not sure how well it holds up, but I actually remember being impressed with Seann William Scott's performance but should rewatch it for The Rock.
There were some stellar performances in that film. It was the very first time I saw Justin Timberlake an anything other than an annoyance. His performance was solid.

manu80

Reaction score
coming back from The Fall Guy.
Not a huge fan of Ryan Gosling, but I admit he's pretty good in it. The movie is fun, especially if you love movies and cinema in general. Lots of nods and 2nd degree (Tom Ryder? really ;) ), action and it shows a huge love for action movies in general. Pacing could have been a bit better but I guess it's like that nowadays. Lots of dialogues for...the sake of it, even if they're pointless sometimes....
8/10 ;)

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
The Wailing- pretty darn good...
then I watched The Sadness.....also good meta theme....
Bofh of these ended on a hard down note, hard. Kind of like the bad guy wins end of Squid Game. I love the "your choices and selfishness lead you to this" but its so much drama then ending with a down note. Maybe my silly American mind is expecting at least something fun like the ending of The Crazies. Not necessarily a deaus ex machina saving plot twist, just something.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
coming back from The Fall Guy.
Not a huge fan of Ryan Gosling, but I admit he's pretty good in it. The movie is fun, especially if you love movies and cinema in general. Lots of nods and 2nd degree (Tom Ryder? really ;) ), action and it shows a huge love for action movies in general. Pacing could have been a bit better but I guess it's like that nowadays. Lots of dialogues for...the sake of it, even if they're pointless sometimes....
8/10 ;)

Is there a bunch of insane practical shots of Chevy K1500's flying through the air?

manu80

Reaction score
there's a stunt that made me think about it at the end. but the chevy color/look is there in the movie.
don't wanna spoil more details.
Also, if you go and see it, open your ears

MINI SPOILER

(there is a funny noise at a moment, that will remind you of another show back then.Said too much maybe)

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars - it was pretty bad. I see why they made it, but it spent too much time tying up loose ends and giving fan service and too little time having a compelling plot. Felt rushed and cheesy as fuck, despite the clearly much-higher costume and FX budget. Hindsight is 20/20, but the show was better off ending in a cliffhanger.