Formula One thread

• Thread starter TheDuatAwaits
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Holy shit that was some tight racing all the way down the pack. These new regs are doing a great job in that regard. Sucks to see so many DNF’s back to back but I guess that’s expected when so much is new.

Ferrari power is back tho. Whew.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1648581964184.jpg

Stolen from Facebook, the only Mercedes that has been leading so far (and by the look of it, might be the only one this season lol)

SD83

Reaction score
Judging from the highlights, seems to have been a somewhat entertaining race once again. Happy for Russell & McLaren, but what a catastrophic weekend for Vettel. Hope this isn't going to go like Alonsos last years with McLaren for him.
Also, is it just me or did the cars really get closer together this year? I know the safety car also messes with that, but from the final results, I see very few lapped cars for each race, like all the cars that finish more or less finish within more or less 01:30 or 01:40 from the leader. Anyone who actually watched it, is that down to the safety car or the tracks or are they all a bit closer together now? Or am I wrong altogether?

Bodes

Reaction score
Judging from the highlights, seems to have been a somewhat entertaining race once again. Happy for Russell & McLaren, but what a catastrophic weekend for Vettel. Hope this isn't going to go like Alonsos last years with McLaren for him.
Also, is it just me or did the cars really get closer together this year? I know the safety car also messes with that, but from the final results, I see very few lapped cars for each race, like all the cars that finish more or less finish within more or less 01:30 or 01:40 from the leader. Anyone who actually watched it, is that down to the safety car or the tracks or are they all a bit closer together now? Or am I wrong altogether?
Up the front was a snooze festival after 10 laps and after a few laps after the safety car. When it was realised that the RBs couldn't do squat against LeClerc, they cruised.
Russell seemed to be really good, but not much footage.
The mid pack was great! But, typically, not enough footage, other than the replays. Some really great, hard racing and attempted passing. Haven't seen that in years.
The safety car and VSCs definitely helped to keep most on the lead lap.

SD83

Reaction score
Anyone watching Monaco today? Haven't found a decent commentary yet, but starting on full wets might be an indicator for an interesting race. Or we get another Spa 2021. Not knowing how heavy the rain is, it's 50/50 I assume...

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Anyone watching Monaco today? Haven't found a decent commentary yet, but starting on full wets might be an indicator for an interesting race. Or we get another Spa 2021. Not knowing how heavy the rain is, it's 50/50 I assume...
Was a long, but interesting given it was a Monaco Grand Prix. Seeing the too 4 crossing the finish line within 1 sec of each other was a great view

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Man, Ferrari really are determined to grab defeat from the jaws of victory this year aren't they?

I feel legitimately sorry for LeClerc today. Home GP, and one that he seemed almost destined to win after a couple of cursed attempts, and then the rain came down and his pit crew sharted.

r33per

Reaction score
Realised today that just about the only reason I'm watching the races in 2022 is as preparation for WTF1's Internet's Best Reacts.

Sad times.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Realised today that just about the only reason I'm watching the races in 2022 is as preparation for WTF1's Internet's Best Reacts.

Sad times.

Sad indeed, although WTF1 are good peoples who make fun content.

And, to be fair, the racing has actually been very good this year. I strongly suspect that Red Bull are going to cruise away with it from here, but it's been a season full of excitement thus far.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Seb just showing up “on a rainbow bike” lmao.

Attachments

• A64B4E3F-A18C-4C42-BABD-6EB99541AD94.jpeg
    A64B4E3F-A18C-4C42-BABD-6EB99541AD94.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 9

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Redbulls and Ferraris seems to be on a complete different planet after FP3, P5 being a wooping 1.25s behind the leader (and about 0.8s from P4).

Looking forward for this race, Baku usually gives a great show

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Redbulls and Ferraris seems to be on a complete different planet after FP3, P5 being a wooping 1.25s behind the leader (and about 0.8s from P4).

Looking forward for this race, Baku usually gives a great show

Yup yup, fully agree with all of this. Baku normally delivers, but FP1 had me worrying because it seemed Ferrari were being bitten by the porpoise and their engines were developing a nasty habit of coughing up a lung.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Well, the qualifying session pretty much followed the logic shown in the practice session, Ferrari and Redbull are about a second faster than every other teams, unless they suffer a DNF they should cover all four first positions without much threat from the other teams.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Well, the qualifying session pretty much followed the logic shown in the practice session, Ferrari and Redbull are about a second faster than every other teams, unless they suffer a DNF they should cover all four first positions without much threat from the other teams.

Was just about to say the same thing.

Looking further down the grid though I'm happy to see Gasly and Yuki putting in some solid performances. This year's Mercedes may not be the kind of rocketship it used to be, but it's pretty clearly third fastest this year and seeing Gasly split those two cars warms my heart.

Further down still... Another oof for McLaren, with both cars out in Q2. Danny Ric is obviously having a bad year anyway, but when Norris can't ring anything else out of the car either it makes me wonder how much of that we can really blame on him.

Finally, I am pretty sad to see Haas and Alfa both falling right to the back. It was so nice see K-Mag and Bottas both doing well, and its crappy to see them back down with a woeful Aston with a woeful Stroll driving it.

SD83

Reaction score
If they fail to build a shitty car, they will ruin their chances with (in hindsight at least) wrong choices for strategy, and if they fail to do that, the cars will just break down...

Latest posts