Fragile by Sting (Tapping tutorial) On The Skeletone Tapper.

• Thread starter skeletone_craig
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wizbit81

Reaction score
So bizarre those things!!

I had a Chapman Stick once, a 10 string in Zebrawood, the ONLY one actually.

Was a lovely thing but it just confused the hell out of me. Sold it to fund my music degree along with a lot more beloved gear.

skeletone_craig

I build Tappers!
Reaction score
Yeah Chapman sticks are tuned in a strange inverted 5ths tuning.It's a horrible tuning to learn if you used to guitar or bass tunings.The Skeletone is is tuned EADGBE on the harmony side,so it's a standard guitar tuning and then a straight fourths tuning on the bass side starting from low A Then straight up DGCFA# so it's actually real easy to play,
I did try out that chapman tuning for a bit and it is a nightmare.worst idea for a tuning ever!

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
Cool!

I love tapping as much as the next person but that is so close to being a piano. Nothing wrong with that and I understand it has a different tone but next they will start putting keys on it. :lol:

skeletone_craig

I build Tappers!
Reaction score
Cool!

I love tapping as much as the next person but that is so close to being a piano. Nothing wrong with that and I understand it has a different tone but next they will start putting keys on it. :lol:

Ha! That very true!... Hey Keys,that's a great idea,i should put a mini bass-drum on it as well! LOL!

skeletone_craig

I build Tappers!
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;3039843 said:

Cause of messed up embedding in original post.

I wanna build something like this myself now!!

Go do it! It's great fun and i can give you any advice you need.The more folks making crazy tappers the better in my eyes!:metal:

ixlramp

Reaction score
Hi Craig it's good to see you building those here in the UK :)

I have been thinking how good stainless steel rods are as frets. If they are made to be lockable/releasable/movable then as well as microtonality, once there is some fret wear they can just be rotated slightly, they would last decades. They also have high mass and are tough, to stand up to the hammering of tapping. They also create an ultra-scallop to enable sitar type bending.

Someone out there should build guitars with movable frets. I know of someone who is working on it Paul Rubenstein

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I have been thinking how good stainless steel rods are as frets. If they are made to be lockable/releasable/movable then as well as microtonality, once there is some fret wear they can just be rotated slightly, they would last decades. They also have high mass and are tough, to stand up to the hammering of tapping. They also create an ultra-scallop to enable sitar type bending.
Something like this
skeletar.jpg

Except in my design the 'steps' on the 'ladder' are just to keep the sides of the 'ladder' together in a stable manner, the actual frets would wrap all the way around the 'ladder'.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool to see that someone's carrying on the very cool design of the Tapladder!

I'm going to have to make one of those one of these days.