Friedman 2x12 is really good for Marshall-voiced amps

• Thread starter nightlight
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightlight

Reaction score
I just did a short demo, and I can definitely recommend the Friedman 2x12 to anyone looking for a compact 2x12 that handles Marshall voiced amps really well.

I ran my JVM into it and really liked the results. In contrast, I didn't find my Engl Savage 120 to be as good through the cab, it seemed to lack something.

As a bonus, you can hear the the PRS McCarthy I recently acquired in the demo.

Here's the video:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
So a 212 cab from a company that makes hot rodded Marshalls sounds good with Marshalls?

:shocked: :lol:

Last edited:

nightlight

Reaction score
So a 212 cab from a company that makes hot rodded Marshalls sounds good with Marshalls?

:shocked: :lol:

Yeah, but not so good with something like the Savage. Couldn't fit everything in the thread title though, the mods would have thrown me out.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but not so good with something like the Savage. Couldn't fit everything in the thread title though, the mods would have thrown me out.

Probably because a savage is nothing like a modded marshall.

nightlight

Reaction score
Probably because a savage is nothing like a modded marshall.

Bravo. Full marks.

I posted because people sometimes wonder what cabs to use for what amps.

It's just a demo video, no need to get uptight about it. Think of it as a resource.

Perge

Reaction score
But a friedman cab with a marshall style amp is an obvious choice :shrug:

To you. Almost 15 years playing guitar and I couldn't tell you anything about Friedman's history. Not every guitar player can know everything about every piece of gear out there, which is why posts and forums like this are useful in the first place.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
To you. Almost 15 years playing guitar and I couldn't tell you anything about Friedman's history. Not every guitar player can know everything about every piece of gear out there, which is why posts and forums like this are useful in the first place.

I can't tell you their history either, but I can tell you that when I see a marshall style faceplate that I won't be surprised when it pairs well with a marshall style cab.

I don't care that he posted a demo, I just found it funny that an obvious pairing worked well.

Perge

Reaction score
I can't tell you their history either, but I can tell you that when I see a marshall style faceplate that I won't be surprised when it pairs well with a marshall style cab.

I don't care that he posted a demo, I just found it funny that an obvious pairing worked well.

...but what makes it a marshall style cab? The v30s? It being black? Is nearly every cab out there a wannabe marshall? As I said before, I don't know anything about friedman, and that cab looks just like every other horizontal 2x12 out there. Just saying that just because it's "an obvious pairing" to you, means nothing lol.

Gear Demos are always nice

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
...but what makes it a marshall style cab? The v30s? It being black? Is nearly every cab out there a wannabe marshall? As I said before, I don't know anything about friedman, and that cab looks just like every other horizontal 2x12 out there. Just saying that just because it's "an obvious pairing" to you, means nothing lol.

Gear Demos are always nice

The fact that it's a Friedman, who makes hot rodded marshall style heads.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey let's leave the passive aggressive bickering for Aaron Rogers okay.

nightlight

Reaction score

Ah, wise beyond your years, young padawan.

NorCal_Val

Reaction score
My Friedman 4x12 works great with all of my amps, except the Randall Satan and ‘97 Mesa Triple Rectifier.(both are my non-Marshall voiced amps)
Not surprising.

Last edited:

nightlight

Reaction score
Thank you, kind folk. I thought it would be a great resource. I just bought the cab on a whim, to be honest and didn't really research anything.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Friedman cabs are expensive. No one is buying one without knowing it's a Marshall cab, and googling the words "friedman amps" is the closest thing to free in the guitar world. Gold belongs to one company in the amp world.

nightlight

Reaction score
Friedman cabs are expensive. No one is buying one without knowing it's a Marshall cab, and googling the words "friedman amps" is the closest thing to free in the guitar world.

I disagree. Plenty of posts saying X cab is better than the Friedman. I just want you to know it is really, really good with a Marshall-voiced amp. I bet a Splawn would kick ass with it, for example. An Engl amp, hmmm, on the fence (tried my Fireball 100 through it, sounded quite good). Still, really works better with the Marshall-voiced stuff.

Mmm, everyone knows what the shadow knows. Fuck no, only the shadow knows what will happen next.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I disagree. Plenty of posts saying X cab is better than the Friedman. I just want you to know it is really, really good with a Marshall-voiced amp. I bet a Splawn would kick ass with it, for example. An Engl amp, hmmm, on the fence (tried my Fireball 100 through it, sounded quite good). Still, really works better with the Marshall-voiced stuff.

Mmm, everyone knows what the shadow knows. Fuck no, only the shadow knows what will happen next.
So you want us to know that the Friedman cab sounds good with amps that sound like Friedmans? Are Fane speakers any good for Hiwatts? Are old JBLs good with Fenders?

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Okay, firstly, thank you for the gear demo. Was quite nice. Decent quality, and that PRS is sweet.

Second, some of y'all could afford to lay off a bit. Not everything is that obvious to everyone, and who knows, maybe it was just something he wanted to experiment with and he just wanted to share his experiences. Nothing was lost by him coming and posting a video, and nothing was gained by all the snark that was brought in here. Do better.

Latest posts