FS: (Maybe!) ENGL Fireball *Mint* with Box/Manual/Etc

• Thread starter zimbloth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well guys, you know how much I love this thing. Simply put, I found the amp of my dreams for a price so insane I'm about to have an anneurism. I don't have a bad word to say about this amp. Do a search and see the 2000 threads where I waste everyones time ranting about this. Basically, I just have another amp now that is something I've wanted all my life but never dreamed I could afford.

Anyways this is a dead mint amp. It has a Tung-Sol 12ax7 in V1, JJ ECC83S in the other slots. ENGL 6L6 tubes. This amp sounds and feels like a dream. I had no desire to ever move on from this amp until today when I went to Guitar Center and HAD MY DATE WITH DESTINY!

These sell for $1275 new (yes, ENGL raised their prices across the board this year, check RockSolidAmps.com, used to be $1200). I'm looking for $950. PayPal or Money Orders accepted. Cell phone dialogue available upon request.

PS: For those of you who don't know, this amp is one of the best sounding amps in the world for metal. The Fireball is channels 1 and 4 from the Powerball (clean and lead 2/high gain). In my opinion it sounds better than a Powerball, its more lively and not quite as processed sounding.... but thats just my opinion. Anyone in the Boston area can come and experience the ENGL goodness for himself at our studio if interested. Also don't be fooled by the 60W (which is just ~2dB less than 100w), this amp drowns out my bandmates Dual Rec pretty easily if I want it to.

ENGL%20003.jpg

ENGL%20004.jpg

ENGL%20001.jpg

Sorry wrong section, im an ass.. please move it...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I literally was dreaming last night how much I love my tone w/ the ENGL, this was a surprise.

As for what amp I got? "No... we must wait..."

metalocalypse.jpg

Hah its this.

PS: Some mod please move this to the appropriate section? Sorry about that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I love the ENGL so it would take something really special to get me to switch. What cab/speakers do you use with yours?

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
If I wouldn't have just recently purchased my 6505 I would have jumped all over this deal.....but I still plan on buying one in the future.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
GC is carrying VHT?
the one on Comm Ave?
this I've got to see.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, it's been at the Natick store for almost a year now, they slashed the price in half earlier this month I guess. I'm surprised no one bought it.

bulb

Reaction score
Yeah, I love the ENGL so it would take something really special to get me to switch. What cab/speakers do you use with yours?
mine is a 2x12 combo with the p50 speakers and those sound awesome, but it sounds even better out of my v30 loaded orange 4x12 and it sounds the best when running thru both hahah!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah I have a Mesa 4x12 I use it with, sounds great. The treble response on the VHT limits the typical V30 buzziness, so that nice.

PS: There was a typo in my original post. I meant to say that they are now $1275, not $1375. Last year they were 1199.99.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Having played both the Engl Powerball and the VHT Pitbull, I'd say you made the right choice.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Having played both the Engl Powerball and the VHT Pitbull, I'd say you made the right choice.

Yeah, I definitely prefer the tone of the VHT, but I'm reluctant to say the VHT is "better". They just have totally different sounds/characters. The midrange, bass, and harmonic response is the biggest difference. Also of course the VHT has infinitely more features and tools to sculpt your tone, whereas the Fireball is more straight-forward like a 5150 or Laney. Both amps have a great "feel" and amazing tone though.

I've never really played a Powerball though, just a Fireball. Just heard comparison clips and seen live bands with it.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I do, but I guess I forget that part :)

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I do, but I guess I forget that part :)

It's the end of the world (Y2K) and they travel to Natick because only Twinkees can survive a Nuclear holocaust (and there is a twinkee factory in Natick, apparently). Great episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.