FS: (Maybe!) ENGL Fireball *Mint* with Box/Manual/Etc

• Thread starter zimbloth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm lowered the price to $950 or best offer.

PS: Thanks Dan :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Last chance before it goes on eBay... make me an offer...

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Nick, can you get a great clean sound out of the Fireball? Also, does it respond well to pedals (EQ, Chorus, Delay) in the loop?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hell yes. I personally don't use the clean much because I always have my Tube Screamer overdrive pedal engaged and my cord doesnt reach long enough for me to switch it off/on. But yes when I do switch to the clean channel, it sounds gorgeous. The Blaze Neck thru the ENGL clean with a hint of reverb is one of my all-time favorite clean tones personally.

But yes, you can get a lot of different great clean tones by messing with the bright/deep switches and fiddling with the presence/mids. Also the Tung-Sol 12AX7 I have in the V1 position helps sweeten the clean sound a lot too, as do the JJs in the other slots.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Hell yes. I personally don't use the clean much because I always have my Tube Screamer overdrive pedal engaged and my cord doesnt reach long enough for me to switch it off/on. But yes when I do switch to the clean channel, it sounds gorgeous. The Blaze Neck thru the ENGL clean with a hint of reverb is one of my all-time favorite clean tones personally.

But yes, you can get a lot of different great clean tones by messing with the bright/deep switches and fiddling with the presence/mids. Also the Tung-Sol 12AX7 I have in the V1 position helps sweeten the clean sound a lot too, as do the JJs in the other slots.

What about effects? I've got a couple Boss pedals I'd like to throw in there. The reason I ask is because you're asking a reasonable price, and I think I'd be happier with that more so than the Mesa 5:50 coming out, and it's cheaper. By a little.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The fx loop is brilliant. I run my G-Major thru it, and its just perfect. Transparent and perfect quality. I also use a Boss NS-2 with the amp too and it's great. I love Mesas, but I've been playing this ENGL side by side with my bandmates Mesa sine September and I think this just destroys it. I'm almost positive you'll love it. So much so, I'd consider giving a refund.

If you'd like to discuss this further give me a call, I'll PM you my cell now.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
How does this compare to a dual rectifier? The gain sound is great, but I need my amps tight... really tight... like a Framus. Can this amp do that?

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
How does this compare to a dual rectifier? The gain sound is great, but I need my amps tight... really tight... like a Framus. Can this amp do that?

I would venture to say it's tighter than a recto :2c:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Yeah it's very much like a Framus Cobra in terms of its response, even tighter really. The amp really sounds nothing like a Mesa so its hard to compare, and even harder to describe with text. All I can say is, the name of the game with the Fireball is definition and brutality. Super clear, crisp, tight yet thick.....and just monsterous heavy tone. I can point you to some recordings that I think resembles what you can do with the amp, but beyond that I don't know how else to describe that.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
If I can somehow seperate my money from this abortion of an eBay auction I am involved with I might pick this up off you. I am listening to the clips on rocksolidamps.com... very nice :D a clean channel that nice sounding is a big bonus.

btw don't buy shit from gary12078 on eBay. fucking me over on this COW7 I tried to get.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The clips on rocksolidamps I think do the amp a huge disservice, but if you think its okay then youd definitely love how it really sounds. I do have the amp up on eBay right now too and I've gotten a million questions about it but nothing so far. Anyone who wanted to buy it on SS.org id cut a better deal than on eBay tho.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I really really wish I could buy this..Good price too. Good Luck Nick..

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I really really wish I could buy this..Good price too. Good Luck Nick..

Thanks man, if any of you guys can't afford it... I would be open to trades. For 7s obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts