Fucking love fuzz

• Thread starter Yul Brynner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
On the contrary, I fucking hate fuzz :lol:

To be fair, it's not for lack of trying. I keep buying them and I keep hating them. They make my guitar sound like it's playing through the cheapest and worst amp possible 😭
I learned its partially knowing what you want it to do, and what amp will help that happen. I dont reach for a fuzz tone first, but I know roughly what setup I want when I do.

Im also pretty new to fuzz, sludge/doom tones and dont have something Im referring to in tone sculpting :lol:

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I've currently got an EHX Big Muff Pi/ Russian, an MXR Super Badass variac, and an EHX Octavix. with the Big Muff Pi being the one that I like the most as it obtains a more fizzy and controlled range of tone... most widely usable out of the three.

This one will be my next fuzz pedal after looking into a lot of different kits. It comes in under $50 although I'm probably going to go with some upgraded aluminum knobs that are a little more sleek and low-profile than the included knobs. And I may swap out the included transistor for a PNP Germanium. I'm also planning on doing a custom acrylic ( smoke or clear) bottom/ base to be able to see the guts. Figure that might be a cool/ unique touch since it'll be built. Not sure what color/ grapics yet but I'll do something to personalize it.

Fuzz Face style DIY kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.