Games you are proud to have completed

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Not necessarily the hardest games (though there will be a lot).

List the games you are very happy to have finished!

1. Double Dragon 3 (nes) - Only 5 levels but took me years to complete. Chin somehow proved to be a saviour.

2. Super Mario 3 (nes) - Such an awesome game and somewhat frustrating on the 8th world

3. Super Mario lost levels (nes) - Stepped up the difficulty on this one!

4. Robocop 2 (nes) - finished it one time when I was younger and since then never got close

4. Wonderboy (sms) - Originally thought this was never ending haha

5. Street fighter 2 (Genesis) - Will never forget beating Bison for the 1st time!

6. Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - Got this one when it first came out and blew me away! Never found all the secrets though

7. Goldeneye (64) - Awesome game, getting all the cheats was half the fun, really hard to get them all though!

8. Final Fantasy 7 (PS1) - Epic, brilliant game. Beating Ruby and Ultima, breeding Chobos, betting on races and finding every item you can was great fun! I managed to morph Ultima into... nothing (my friend had a calculator haha)

9. Gran Turismo (PS1) - When this came out it blew everyone away! The licences could be quite frustrating

10. Heroes of Might and Magic series - Spent many many many hours on this. My favourite games :bowdown: (not 5)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
All of the Metal Gear Solid titles on Playstation/PS2/PS3 - Greatest stories ever IMO. Such perfect continuity, and then 4 was just superb.

Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8 and 10 - Again, incredible stories, great gameplay, amazing characters and just generally really great fun.

Devil May Cry 1 (and the others to a lesser extent) - The only game I've finished in excess of 200 times... It's my go-to game when I have an hour or so free and I feel like beating something. Great gameplay, great level design, amazing enemy and character design. The attitude change after the first game pissed me off though, and the lack of really memorable bosses was rather disappointing too.

Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 & 3 - You're a monkey collecting bananas, what the hell isn't to love here? :lol:

Spyro 1 & 2 - Took me 8 years to complete the first one 100%, but I finally found how to get the last few gems I was missing :lol: Just an entertaining game. The second one added some cool stuff without being stupid, but everything after just really annoyed me :(

Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 - Pretty much the same as above, but with really awesome level design. And you're a motherfucking bandicoot who collects wumpa fruit.

Fallout 3 - there is nothing that need be said here :lol:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl - I was pretty bummed with the ending, but the gameplay, scenery and (at the time) graphics were all stunning.

Killzone (PS2) - Entertaining shooter with awesome character design and weapon design, great feel and nice levels. The graphics were a bit glitchy and some of the controls were a bit stiff (mainly the melee stuff), but I absolutely loved it as a game. Really entertaining.

Medievil (PS1) - Fucking hilariously awesome platformer/action game. Sir Daniel Fortesque is the man.

There's something I'm missing, but I've gone blank :wallbash:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Final Fantasy VIII (PS1) - Not much, but when you complete it without having any character level up, ever... that's commitment.

Ninja Gaiden 1 (NES) - No luxuries that you had on Ninja Gaiden 2, and none of the suck from Ninja Gaiden 3. Speaking of which....

Ninja Gaiden Sigman 1-2 (PS3) - Okay, it's been toned down from the Xbox versions, but still hard. Though the second one felt suspiciously easier than the first... :scratch:

Super Empire Strikes Back (SNES) - The game was a lot harder than I realised.

Battletoads (NES) - Stupidly impossible without the level warps. I STILL can't complete it from start to finish... :( That said, the SNES version was easier but still took a lot of effort.

Megaman 1-6 (NES) - Completing Megaman 1 alone is enough to brag about (without the Select button weapon bug too), then 4. The rest were pretty easy.

Street Fighter 2 and Turbo (SNES) - After finishing it with all characters on the highest difficulty. Bison was easy, it was the Zangief Vs Sagat that was a pain. And that was before I started learning the full SF mechanics.

Contra 3 (SNES) - Easy was a walk in the park. Normal is what should be played. Hard, now that was a challenge that took me ages to complete. And that's with practically every old school Contra game. :lol:\

Final Fight (Arcade) - with Guy. :flex:

Super Punch Out (SNES) - Beating the game was half the fun, defeating every character in less than 25 seconds. I was so proud of that back in the day. :lol: Never got the play the NES version, which was legendary in being extremely hard.

Secret of Mana (SNES) - because the first few times I completed it I was completely unaware of Dryad's Mana Magic....

Metroid (NES) - It took me years, but I evenually finished the game from the very beginning without using passwords.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) - took YEARS to complete. First time sucked so much because of the Foot Soldier Steam Rollers instantly killing 1 turtle, and Bebop being so damn hard as a miniboss. :realmad:

I'm showing my age....

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
Okami
Prinny
Prinny 2
Half Minute Hero's 3 second hero mode(hilarious :lol:)

Tones

Red paperclip trader
Reaction score
Earthbound (Earthbound 2)
man that game was looooooooong. but so much fun. I had so much respect for it.
GTA San andreas

troyguitar

Reaction score
I don't think I ever completely beat anything except for Turtles in Time. I got close in Megaman X but never quite defeated the last Sigma.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Morrowind because it takes so long. Also, Ocarina of Time was pretty gratifying because it took 10 years for me to complete it. I got stuck on the water temple when I was 9, and I decided to restart and play through at 19. I used the right key this time.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Final Fantasy VIII (PS1) - Not much, but when you complete it without having any character level up, ever... that's commitment.

Ninja Gaiden 1 (NES) - No luxuries that you had on Ninja Gaiden 2, and none of the suck from Ninja Gaiden 3. Speaking of which....

Ninja Gaiden Sigman 1-2 (PS3) - Okay, it's been toned down from the Xbox versions, but still hard. Though the second one felt suspiciously easier than the first... :scratch:

Super Empire Strikes Back (SNES) - The game was a lot harder than I realised.

Battletoads (NES) - Stupidly impossible without the level warps. I STILL can't complete it from start to finish... :( That said, the SNES version was easier but still took a lot of effort.

Megaman 1-6 (NES) - Completing Megaman 1 alone is enough to brag about (without the Select button weapon bug too), then 4. The rest were pretty easy.

Street Fighter 2 and Turbo (SNES) - After finishing it with all characters on the highest difficulty. Bison was easy, it was the Zangief Vs Sagat that was a pain. And that was before I started learning the full SF mechanics.

Contra 3 (SNES) - Easy was a walk in the park. Normal is what should be played. Hard, now that was a challenge that took me ages to complete. And that's with practically every old school Contra game. :lol:\

Final Fight (Arcade) - with Guy. :flex:

Super Punch Out (SNES) - Beating the game was half the fun, defeating every character in less than 25 seconds. I was so proud of that back in the day. :lol: Never got the play the NES version, which was legendary in being extremely hard.

Secret of Mana (SNES) - because the first few times I completed it I was completely unaware of Dryad's Mana Magic....

Metroid (NES) - It took me years, but I evenually finished the game from the very beginning without using passwords.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) - took YEARS to complete. First time sucked so much because of the Foot Soldier Steam Rollers instantly killing 1 turtle, and Bebop being so damn hard as a miniboss. :realmad:

I'm showing my age....

I probably wouldn't use the warps in Battletoads nes anyways as I want all of those extra lives. I had 7 lives going into that rat race and they all went quite fast :(

With street fighter 2, Zangief was never an issue with Bison, Dhalsim on the other hand..... took 89 battles to beat him lol

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't use the warps in Battletoads nes anyways as I want all of those extra lives. I had 7 lives going into that rat race and they all went quite fast :(

Yeah, that was always the case with the Rat Race and the Clinger Race right afterwards as well. The latter required a left thumb made of iron... then you had to fight it as a boss? By the time hit the final stage, you either ran out of lives or couldn't be bothered anymore. :nuts:

With street fighter 2, Zangief was never an issue with Bison, Dhalsim on the other hand..... took 89 battles to beat him lol

That true, especially in the age when we were young, and special moves and jumping moves were prioritised over normal moves. I actually found Dhalsim's Teleport on a SNES pad more impossible than beating Bison! :rofl:

EDIT: I should have mentioned that the Zangief Vs Sagat was so horribly bad in the original SF2 because Gief can't even jump over Sagat's LOW Tiger shot. :wallbash:

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
Super Metroid - When I was much younger, when I first got the game, I couldn't get past Maridia. Then, I decided to revisit it when I was about 15 or so and beat it in a few hours. Still, it's an awesome game, and one I'm proud to have played and completed.

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - Same story: couldn't beat it when I was a kid, then worked through it when I got a little older. It takes a long time to do, but any self-respecting gamer has to play it at least once.

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals - I think I spent a full 48 hours on this one. The battle music is very powar metul...

... but it's the only battle music in the game, aside from boss battles. Very annoying. The bass lick in there makes me think of long-haired dudes with six-strings and thin little arms. The ending of this game made me tear up.

Earthbound (Mother 2) - Long game, great graphic design, superb (and I mean superb) music, and a very convincing story.

Mother 3 - Well, I got halfway through it before I lost time. Considering I don't understand a word of Japanese, I consider it an accomplishment. :lol:

Robo Trek - Like Pokemon with Engrish robots. And while I'm at it...

Pokemon Red and Blue - Like Robo Trek, but without robots and a better translation team.

The Spyro games - Damn fun. It's been forever, though.

Jak and Daxter - I liked the platformer feel, and they were visually very nice. Jak 2 is my favorite, because I like post-apocalyptic future scenarios, and the contrast between the city and the mountain ruins is enjoyable. Just cruising around the city on stolen vehicles is fun, too.

The Metal Gear Solid games - Wow, awesome stories and gameplay. 4 was a tough one. I usually try to kill as few enemies as possible (and typically try for none - tranq gun FTW), but that's a very difficult thing to do in 4 on the more difficult... difficulties.

The Donkey Kong Country games - I wouldn't have the patience to do them now. I applaud myself for ever sitting through them.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - One of the best N64 games.

Secret of Evermore - Jeremy Soule did a great job with the score. There was a good balance of cheesy humor and good story. Visually, it's darker than Secret of Mana, and I like the gothic styling of the game, as well as the breadth of gaming scenarios. I personally think that Evermore is smarter than Mana.

Secret of Mana - It was fun, but for different reasons from Secret of Evermore. The colors were brighter and it seemed more psychedelic to me. Good story, and I liked playing through it.

Mystic Quest Legend - Just because I played a game called Mystic Quest Legend. :lol:

There are more, but I'll stop it there.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Some more that above posts have reminded me:

Basically all the old school Zelda games.

Zelda 1-2 (NES) - The second one in particular took me forever, then I saw my friend's save file and blew my mind. I revisited it years later and finished it easily.

Zelda 3 (SNES) - I knew this game back to front. I can complete this game in one sitting. :lol:

Zelda 4 (Gameboy) - Didn't play it as in depth as above but yeah.

Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64) - With all the experience from previous Zelda games, I learned to complete the entire game just like A Link To The Past, all Hearts and items and all.

Zelda Majora's Mask (N64) - the last Zelda game I fully conquered, and also the hardest of the whole lot. The Ikana temple and the Goron Link stages on the Moon really did my head in, but it was worth the satisfaction in making the final boss a complete joke with all the effort in getting the Oni Mask. :flex:

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - One of the best N64 games.

This. +100000000

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Final Fantasy VIII (PSX) - One of the best RPG's to come about in my book, and everything about it is just awesome. The characters, the story, the mechanics/leveling, everything. I think the only way to improve it would be to update it for the PS3 and show all these new "FF"s how it's done (same goes for VII)

Legend of Dragoon (PSX) - Again, a phenomenal RPG but one that most people don't know too much about. Characters were really cool, and it seemed to be one of the first "Motley Crue" type RPG's along-side FF. First time I had ever seen anything like characters with special abilities (the Dragoon) as well as a more in-depth critical hit/fighting system.

Both of those games took hours, days, WEEKS to complete since they spanned 4 discs and had about 20 characters total between them to level up to 99.

Zelda : Ocarina of Time (N64) - Everyone knows this and why it's so god damn awesome. Link is a bad-ass mofo, goes around using music to alter time and save the world and such :blahblah:

Metal Gear Solid (PSX) - My first delve into gritty and noir style games, but most certainly a welcoming one. I didn't realize how hard it would be, nor did me and my brother realize how political the story was but we were willing to follow it if it allowed us to keep playing with Snake. From Ocelot, to Mantis, to Raven and Wolf we were just so engrossed with this gang of "evil-doers" and their desire for what looked like a giant mechanical T-Rex.

potatohead

Reaction score
The only game I can remember playing for hours upon hours and almost breaking my Xbox about 40 times before I finally beat it was Call of Duty 2, on Veteran.

goth_fiend

Reaction score
final fatnasy 1-13 (excluding 11)
xenogears
secret of mana
mega man 1-x8/legends 1&2
super mother fucking meat boy (100% 0.0)
metal gear solid 1-4

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I wish I could say call of duty 4 on veteran, but sadly, no. I gave up on the ferris wheel level and never tried again. It's impossible.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
- MGS: freaking awesome games with great storylines
- Uncharted series: best (new) game franchise: fantastic acting, great storyline, die hard-style action in the jungle :hbang:
- God of War 3: the epitome of epic!!
- R Type Delta: Hardest game ever, took me forever to complete it (I was like 10 or 12 when I finished it, dunno how hard it'd be today)
- Ghost Hunter: an old PS2 game nobody knows. A hidden gem :yesway:
- All of the Silent Hill games
more to come!

EDIT: FUCK YEAH DEVIL MAY CRY!

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I wish I could say call of duty 4 on veteran, but sadly, no. I gave up on the ferris wheel level and never tried again. It's impossible.

Dude, don't let that level beat you! Try it when you're in a super-concentrated mode, you'll breeze it :yesway:

Tomo009

Reaction score

Cannot believe without video, level 11 is absolutely unbelievably insane. Only made it there a few times, I usually lose to the pig boss on level 10. I also can only get there with the 5 hearts "cheat" and using warps, though the only level 1-10 I haven't beaten is the lava plane one which I'm convinced is not possible with human reflexes.