G'Day from Australia

• Thread starter puppetking101
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

puppetking101

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a 16 year old sound engineer from Melbourne Australia and I LOVE 7 strings. I did make the stupid mistake of buying a 7 from China in a box shipped for just on $400, couldn't possibly go wrong I thought. So, it arrived a few weeks later with little noticeable damage to the box. Overjoyed, it eagerly opened it thinking of all the fun I was going to have but, when I pulled it from the polystyrene, I noticed some pretty serious cracks in the neck, then the fact that the neck was like a bannana. :spock: Unfixable, non-returnable and completely screwed. Talk about shattered. But, now I am raising funds for a Dean RC7 Xenocide. I listen to and play all kinds of metal, from A7X to Job For A Cowboy and rarely have biased opinions against bands and don't stupidly argue whether a band is Deathcore or Metalcore. I mainly play stuff like All Shall Perish, Born Of Osiris and The Red Shore. Recording is my business and its booming somehow. I use ProTools LE and record all kinds of bands like; folk groups, metal bands, solo artists, live recording, you name it. I am studying to become a robotics engineer and will hopefully use that to support my hobby (any musician knows that its an expensive business). I play a lot of instruments and am entirely self taught. I wish I had studied and learnt how to read but couldn't get my head around it. I am always looking for new sounds and flavours to add to my own writings and recordings to give it that edge that most popular bands utilise.

Cheers for reading :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Is it true that you guys are upside down? :D

About as true as all Canadians looking like this.

sp_0715_08_v6.jpg

:D

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Aussie...

Although I'm a little confused as how you can be Sound Engineer at 16...

I thought almost all 16 year olds were still School students :cool:

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Welcome. You seem pretty well in for someone so young. Good going. How long have you been involved in the sound engineering side of things?

puppetking101

Reaction score
To KingAenarion, I am still at school as said in the post but I do take time off sometimes to record bands if weekends aren't an option :). To Solodini, I've been recording since i was about 10 and I started out on a zoom mrs 1266 unit mainly recording my parents. My family are heavily involved in the Australian folk scenes, so all my life I've been lucky enough to watch engineers mix audio up close side of stage. I guess being born into the industry really helped lots :D. Hope that answers your question.

Latest posts