George Floyd...

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
Some of you might have heard about the death of George Floyd, a black man who died at the hands of police in Minnesota. Here's the graphic footage of his arrest.:(

;>)/

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I was saddened to see this. I only wish that this was shocking to me. Although justice will never bring back this mans life, I do hope that punishment will be absolute and expeditious ( especially for the asshole that wouldn't get off of his neck).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
I'm surprised it took a couple of days to see a thread on this. I meant to post one but got sidetracked and forgot.

I was saddened to see this. I only wish that this was shocking to me.

Same here. This is all too common here in the states.

Although justice will never bring back this mans life, I do hope that punishment will be absolute and expeditious ( especially for the asshole that wouldn't get off of his neck).

He's a cop. Convict him, sentence him to prison and then let the inmates have at him. Maybe take bets on how long he survives with the monies going to police training programs prevent police abuses like this.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I've been avoiding actually watching the footage, not to maintain ignorance on the matter, but because it's just too horrifying. Needless to say, they did end up playing it on the news and I did see it, it's just heartbreaking, I don't know what else to say.

A few years ago, when the BLM movement tried desperately to make people aware of black and minority victimization at the hands of authority, the overwhelming reaction of too many white folks, including people in my family, was to make excuses for police action, become personally defensive, or belittle the movement with "Blue Lives Matter" whataboutism. Imagine, being so offended by sports figures taking a knee as protest to such injustice, but not being offended by injustice itself?

Anyone with a conscience should be sickened by the inhumanity of this. All of us, of all ethnic backgrounds, should be doing what we can to make this world better for everyone, should be reviewing our own biases and privileges, and ensuring the power wielded by state-appointed authority figures are conditional to the checks and balances of basic, legally protected civil rights.

Last edited:

Strobe

Reaction score
There is now looting near the target a mile from my house in St. Paul. That's sad, but it's not the point. We don't have a looting epidemic. We have a systemic issue with police malfeasance, the target of which is largely people of color, and I am mad as hell about it. It needs to end.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
All the cops directly involved should be charged with accessory to muder. Dude killing guy slowy as crowd makes them all aware of it with cops preventing anyone else from helping by blocking them from getting to the person.
- This is a shame but what's really shameful is all the incidents that happen and they get away with that aren't on video. If they're willing to do this on video as the wrong is being brought to their attention then they are truely evil. That technique is only supposed to be used to initially subdue someone. Once under control they shoul have put him in the back of car.
- I don't know these cops backgrounds but I think an elephant in the room is the problem with mentally unstable ex military becoming cops to begin with. I wonder if this is the same thing again here.

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
All the cops directly involved should be charged with accessory to muder. Dude killing guy slowy as crowd makes them all aware of it with cops preventing anyone else from helping by blocking them from getting to the person.
- This is a shame but what's really shameful is all the incidents that happen and they get away with that aren't on video. If they're willing to do this on video as the wrong is being brought to their attention then they are truely evil. That technique is only supposed to be used to initially subdue someone. Once under control they shoul have put him in the back of car.
- I don't know these cops backgrounds but I think an elephant in the room is the problem with mentally unstable ex military becoming cops to begin with. I wonder if this is the same thing again here.

Don't worry...them police officers will get off scot free when Trump intervenes and gives them pardons like he did with this A-hole below...a war criminal who killed innocent people(women & children).:pissed:

24Gallagher-slide-XJVC-superJumbo.jpg

;>)/

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Don't worry...them police officers will get off scot free when Trump intervenes and gives them pardons like he did with this A-hole below...a war criminal who killed innocent people(women & children).:pissed:

;>)/
I know what you're saying but I doubt even Trump will pardon these people. Trump is unpopular but he can't be all that bad because Milania married him, and that's true love if I've ever seen it. : )

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score

;>)/

Not to derail the thread, but wasn’t Gallagher proven innocent? Some other SEAL took the blame?

tedtan

Reaction score
Don't worry...them police officers will get off scot free when Trump intervenes and gives them pardons like he did with this A-hole below...a war criminal who killed innocent people(women & children).

Trump only has power to pardon federal crimes. Any state and local level crimes they are convicted of would stand unless pardoned by the governor.

How many of those people recording it jumped in to help?

You mean attempt to fight their way through the other three officers to get a shot at fighting off the fourth?

That wouldn't work out very well for anyone that tried it.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope to see all this outrage and protesting the next time a police officer is killed in the line of duty.

Latest posts