Gibson vs Kiesel

• Thread starter Yul Brynner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Very odd that some people think what Kiesel is doing is hypocrisy. It's not. There is an unfounded claim, in their view, by Gibson, and they have what they believe is a very justifiable claim. So the two things are not the same.

Well Carvin DID make a name for themselves copy-pasting PRS designs and using PRS scale (25" over the more traditional 25.5 or 24.75) which, iirc they got sued for by PRS and lost. I dont remember if it was PRS though, i do know they lost a couple lawsuits before though.

coupe89

Reaction score
I hope Gibson wins with the bullshit Jeff just did to the guy with the roasted maple neck. I just lost my brother too and Jeff deserves having all his teeth kicked out of his head for his comment about the guy posting about losing his brother.

lewis

Reaction score
I hope Gibson wins with the bullshit Jeff just did to the guy with the roasted maple neck. I just lost my brother too and Jeff deserves having all his teeth kicked out of his head for his comment about the guy posting about losing his brother.
IF Jeffs comment was truly made after the customer went public with his brothers Death, then Jeff deserves for Kiesel to cease to exist

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
IF Jeffs comment was truly made after the customer went public with his brothers Death, then Jeff deserves for Kiesel to cease to exist

He didnt even notice the entirety of the post, and blew it off like "oh we've all been through shit, you arent special."

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score

I’m no Kiesel fan, but Jeff is right about the designs not being similar, and overall it’ll set an extremely bad precedent for the industry if Gibson wins.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m no Kiesel fan, but Jeff is right about the designs not being similar, and overall it’ll set an extremely bad precedent for the industry if Gibson wins.

Yep, but Kiesel sending their own cease and desist to somebody for a headless immediately after ranting about receiving one from Gibson is pretty damn funny.

It's like battle of the douche bag guitar companies.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Yep, but Kiesel sending their own cease and desist to somebody for a headless immediately after ranting about receiving one from Gibson is pretty damn funny.

It's like battle of the douche bag guitar companies.

I agree with that too. It doesn’t help their image, right after acting all shocked by the Gibson CnD. Then again, it’s rare JeffBro cares about public perception.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
The "fine print" of it is that the situations are different. Gibson doesn't really have a legal leg to stand on. Kiesel does, because they have a current and valid design patent, and haven't led several decades pass by before trying to enforce whatever trademark/design patent they might have been able to get back in the day. Gibson has every right to protect whatever designs or innovations they come up with now-a-days...and then they would be in the same shoes as Kiesel.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I missed the whole episode with the maple fretboard that so clearly wasn't roasted. Jeff going on Instagram live to blast the customer, holy shit what a colossal bell end.

lewis

Reaction score
I missed the whole episode with the maple fretboard that so clearly wasn't roasted. Jeff going on Instagram live to blast the customer, holy shit what a colossal bell end.
absolutely.

Total ego maniac who goes overboard with that and the defense of his company to mask the fact he is actually a seriously insecure bellend.