Guitarmory fakemachine

• Thread starter diagrammatiks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
So what do you do when a brand that people like does something you don’t like.

eyyy it’s a guitar armory East Asian fake machine.

E9-BF4-AF7-43-FA-4-BC2-ACEE-196213-E2-A108.jpg

This is a thread for Narad. Discuss.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They had a friend make them a BM clone years ago to test out Pickups. It was actually a good idea to design pickups voiced for BM style guitars to compete with BKP at the time(not that any clones I owned or played sounded much like an actual one).

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
They had a friend make them a BM clone years ago to test out Pickups. It was actually a good idea to design pickups voiced for BM style guitars to compete with BKP at the time(not that any clones I owned or played sounded much like an actual one).

the guitar above is an import line of production ready guitars for sale.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Well it's disgusting, so it's got that going for it.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score

They had considered turning it into a production model for a bit and decided to go ahead a while ago. Personally, I'm always in the "oh, another BM clone" camp, so these things don't really fascinate me at all. Right now, BM shapes are basically another staple in the "superstrats to copy" department, which trivializes the design and has some hideous offshoots in the wild.

Avedas

Reaction score
Saw that on Instagram. Seemed a few years behind the times, but I'm sure people will buy them

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
the guitar above is an import line of production ready guitars for sale.

They had considered turning it into a production model for a bit and decided to go ahead a while ago. Personally, I'm always in the "oh, another BM clone" camp, so these things don't really fascinate me at all. Right now, BM shapes are basically another staple in the "superstrats to copy" department, which trivializes the design and has some hideous offshoots in the wild.

Ah I presumed it was just another copy and was wondering why the fuss. The whole idea behind BM copies was to capitalise on the demand at the time. It was a death sentence for most builders who took on way too much but the demand eventually levelled out with Ormsby, Skevesen, ET guitars etc having a lot of success with runs and even full production lines.

Definitely a few years too late but I do like how you can choose whatever set of pickups you want when you buy one.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
It's also supposedly a relatively cheap axe given the provenance, so it could be a good deal for people after that sort of aesthetic. I did play the OG stuff at NAMM and they were decent guitars for sure, but no idea as to how that would translate to their import counterparts, if at all!

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
They are based off of Dale's (the original founder of The Guitarmory) guitar design (which yes, was a Blackmachine-esque thing) and then some tweaks and such that we've added. We decided we wanted to bring the "Guitarmory" guitars back and this is the result of that. We're not touting this as some super unique design or anything. It's a solid design that I and several others desire though.

They aren't for sale just yet so you won't see them for sale en masse right now.

Also, there's going to be a US line!. So if imports aren't your thing, you can wait for those instead.

I know for some of you it's not your preferred design but we wanted to (re)start somewhere so taking what the brand has technically already done before made the most sense. Even if you guys don't like the looks (at least right now), we hope you'll be supportive of what we're trying to accomplish at least and that is making things that people enjoy playing :)

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
They are based off of Dale's (the original founder of The Guitarmory) guitar design (which yes, was a Blackmachine-esque thing) and then some tweaks and such that we've added. We decided we wanted to bring the "Guitarmory" guitars back and this is the result of that. We're not touting this as some super unique design or anything. It's a solid design that I and several others desire though.

They aren't for sale just yet so you won't see them for sale en masse right now.

Also, there's going to be a US line!. So if imports aren't your thing, you can wait for those instead.

I know for some of you it's not your preferred design but we wanted to (re)start somewhere so taking what the brand has technically already done before made the most sense. Even if you guys don't like the looks (at least right now), we hope you'll be supportive of what we're trying to accomplish at least and that is making things that people enjoy playing :)
Looks pretty nice. I never played a BlackMachine or anything like that. I don't care much about all the controversy or fads, only if it plays and sounds good, doesn't look stupid, and is built well. If I like it, I like. I have been scoping those Arstides lately though since I got finally got a chance to play one.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
So what do you do when a brand that people like does something you don’t like.

eyyy it’s a guitar armory East Asian fake machine.

E9-BF4-AF7-43-FA-4-BC2-ACEE-196213-E2-A108.jpg

This is a thread for Narad. Discuss.
I don't understand what it is people don't like about this. That's a sweet looking guitar. What's wrong with it? Btw, I'm not up and never was in the loop when it came to Black Machines, or anything like that. All I know is Black Machines were stupid expensive at one point and that I really liked the Ebony tops I saw on some of them, but this guitar looks nice, what's the deal people? Please fill me in.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I don't understand what it is people don't like about this. That's a sweet looking guitar. What's wrong with it? Btw, I'm not up and never was in the loop when it came to Black Machines, or anything like that. All I know is Black Machines were stupid expensive at one point and that I really liked the Ebony tops I saw on some of them, but this guitar looks nice, what's the deal people? Please fill me in.

I think it's pretty much the headstock design (or at least afaik)
Blackmachine's were ridiculously expensive yet they were nothing fancy at all really. Some people still swear they're the utmost in craftsmanship but others on here who have also played them have said otherwise. I never bought/played one of the originals or even the licensed-out Blackmachines so I couldn't tell you much.

So yeah, some see it as a worn-out/old fad/trendy design. I see it as more of a staple one. I like us having this as our design instead of an older generic RGA design or something.

We're not doing this with the intention of trying to cash in on a fad (which has already passed btw). Tons of people are familiar with this design, it's (mostly) what Dale used for his guitars, and it's what we're going with as a result.

Can anyone even buy a Blackmachine new anymore?

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Sevenstring.org goes like this:

Blackmachine: YESSSSSS GAGA

People who build BM clones for their own personal use: YESSSSSS GAGA

People who clone BMs for sale:

BOO HISS You're ripping someone off and we don't like it and stuff
Oh, I get it. It would really suck for those who own them for a clone or similar to catch on, especially if it's made in China for a 100th of the price, even if it's 70% as good as an original (not this guitar, I know you said this one isn't). That would take a value hit to the orignal's if people knew about them and started buying them. I could see where that would upset some people. Some people also probably think it's just in bad taste because the headstock is so identifiable. It happened to Fender, Gibson etc too over the years. Ibanez Made it's name popular ripping companies off with lawsuit Gibsons and they are probably very glad they did. I don't know though, it's all speculation and conjecture on my part. Any Idea the general price target on these though? Someone above said around $1k. Would you think that's accurate?

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Oh, I get it. It would really suck for those who own them for a clone or similar to catch on, especially if it's made in China for a 100th of the price, even if it's 70% as good as an original (not this guitar, I know you said this one isn't). That would take a value hit to the orignal's if people knew about them and started buying them. I could see where that would upset some people. Some people also probably think it's just in bad taste because the headstock is so identifiable. It happened to Fender, Gibson etc too over the years. Ibanez Made it's name popular ripping companies off with lawsuit Gibsons and they are probably very glad they did. I don't know though, it's all speculation and conjecture on my part. Any Idea the general price target on these though? Someone above said around $1k. Would you think that's accurate?

For the import model, yes, the plan is to keep it near that amount (in USD, of course). I haven't heard what our estimated pricing is going to be on the US line yet.