Guitars so good you have them twice or more

• Thread starter ThomasUV777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Haun

Reaction score
Bought this, sold it. Regretted after 'bout a week. Looked for it ever since. Found it a couple of months ago. Bought it again (at way less than I got for it mind you). Love it.

I have also had two Ibanez RG721RW at two different times. First one I traded away for an early Highway one strat in trans green finish (that was a great strat btw), bought the second one because my collection had been reduced to a single guitar and I missed the first one, and then I just realized the same thing as the first time, that the 721 just didn't sustain like i wanted it to. So I sold it again and bought an RG2620QM. Haven't looked back since. Love the prestige. The 721s were great though. For a hardtail bridge, I loved the Tight-end, and they looked just beautiful.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mdeeRocks

Reaction score
Just curious about this:

What guitar is so good (or whatever reason) you purchased it twice?

I have a couple of Ibanez jpm models, reason being they're still the best sounding and playing guitars for me.

Ibanez JEMs. I'd have more if I had space :)

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I got really picky about my guitars while touring, wanted two of the exact guitar. Ended up being an LTD MH400NT. I've had three, plus an H400, H401, & H301.
These days it's all minimal, but if I could convince my wife that it was okay, I'd probably have like 10 Horizons. But I currently stand with 1.

steelprostate

Reaction score
2 Parker Flys, with more to come. I've played/owned a ton of guitars that I love, but nothing feels like a Fly. I could definitely see myself owning another Regius in the future too.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I haven't owned one but, if i could I'd buy two Balaguer Thicket BB models.

The only guitars I've ever found with both SS frets and an Evertune bridge

1b4n3z

Reaction score
I like Ibanezes (JC's) ...

146759.jpg

I also like LPC's ...

146760.jpg

And M-II's ...

145280.jpg

They are not exact copies of each other, but that's a good thing IMO - inspires me to play different stuff on each :)

RUSH_Of_Excitement

Reaction score
I went through a big tom delonge fender strat phase. i just loved how straightforward they were. most of which were partscasters modeled after his though. only had 3 that were his official sig. but yeah i put a bunch together from warmoth and fender parts over the past couple years. most just for fun and to pass on but i loved playing them for a long time. then i found PRS and was like... yeah i'm over it haha. heres a quick album

http://imgur.com/a/Qqqio

hBWjdWx.jpg

Never thought I'd say this because Tom DeLonge or his music does not appeal to me at all but now I want a Tom delonge strat :lol:

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
if I could convince my wife that it was okay, I'd probably have like 10 Horizons. But I currently stand with 1.

This. If I could have a Horizon I would have way more than one of them. It's pretty much the perfect guitar shape for me. It's the only guitar I've ever played that's felt like an extension of my body.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
I used to own two Fender YJMs at the same time. I did route one to take an Air Classic in the bridge, so they weren't completely identical. When playing live, I prefer having two identically playing guitars - the sonic blue was essentially the backup to the vintage white one. These days I don't play live, so I only have one of each kind of guitar... oddly enough, that small selection doesn't include a YJM anymore, but when/if the dollar takes a dive I'll probably build myself a Warmoth variation on the YJM theme - I need an SSS Strat in my life again!
YJMStrats.jpg

AmoryB

Blackout!
Reaction score
Like the OP, the Ibanez JPMs are one of the most fantastic guitars I've ever owned. As much as I love my current JP7 PDN and JP15 BFR, those would be long gone before I let the JPM out of my hands.

PBGas

Reaction score
I have 2 beautiful J Customs that I really love.
I have had 3 Les Paul Axcess guitars over the years and love them as well. I kept selling them to fund other things.....

I'm looking at a Lifeson Axcess now and will no doubt get one again before the year is over!

pahulkster

Reaction score
I have four Rhoads Vs, and will eventually get more. The configurations are all pretty different. More PRS and Les Pauls are also hopefully in my future.

I had an idea ten years ago to buy all the Jem models, but didn't actually have any money. Ended up with one. Would have made a killing if I did it though.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
My 2 Acacia Custom 4 Basses.

And no, they aren't the "Acacia" that has pretty much ruined the name. This was by luthier Matt Friedman out of PA. All made custom, by hand and one at a time. Not easy to get. The light one (quilt maple) I have had for over 15 years and it was my one and only (sold my '74 P-Bass, Alembic Epic, Steinberger XQ when I got it) I traded it for a Martin HD28. The Ebony I aquired a couple of years ago, and it is a newer example. Alas, Matt retired over a decade ago when he had his first child.

Oh, and I've had two Martin HD-28's :)

Anyways...pics:

TrinityandNeo_zps236b5b63.jpg

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
I've never done this on guitars because I don't play guitar live and don't have need for backups (on basses I did this, had a couple self assembled J-basses at one point).

...but my Yamaha Mike Stern Tele is tempting me to get newer (1611) version too. Build/quality is that good. It needs a hotter bridge pickup (it's got an aftermarket tele PU) but the feel and mojo is there.

gnoll

Reaction score
If I found another esp m-i for an ok price I'd probably get it since it's the only guitar i know of with that neck and a hardtail bridge.

hodorcore

Reaction score
I currently own 3 Ibanez RG1527's... The "Royal Blue" models from '05 - '09. In addition to those 3, I've owned 2 others in the past.

In fact, those are pretty much the only guitar(s) I'll play anymore, so I'm always on the lookout for them on eBay, Reverb, etc. Pretty much the thinnest 7-string neck that Ibanez has ever made. I love 'em. It's like they were made for my hands.

I have one for sale if you're interested!