Guitars you really wanted, but turned out to be a disappointment

• Thread starter ThomasUV777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

laxu

Reaction score
I've had a couple of Yamahas that I really wanted to love but they did not work out. I had an absolutely gorgeous H/S/S Yamaha Pacifica 812WX with a quilt top but could never bond with it and it had a dead spot on the fretboard. I also had a nice Pacifica 1511 Mike Stern signature where I swapped the humbuckers for a proper Tele pickup and a humbucker size P90. Sounded nice but the vintage radius neck did not work for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NeubyWanKaneuby

Reaction score
I had a Gibson LPC 68RI... it was the antique pelham blue (but looked green).
Gorgeous guitar
Great tones
Completely uncomfortable for me to play.
I sold it, and am still very sad that guitar didn't work for me.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Every guitar I have GASed for has disappointed me, but so it goes.

The cool thing about buying <$500 guitars is expectations are nice and low, very little room for disappointment.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I can say that even though I loved both guitars, I was still slightly disappointed overall by my Ibanez S540FM and my UV777BK. Both were great guitars and had things I absolutely adored, (the UV’s neck is one of my top 3 necks and the S body is the most comfortable guitar body I’ve ever played) but some things about them detracted and they just didn’t add up to work as well for me as I’d hoped.