Gundam thread

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
I've found the first few episodes out so far up on YouTube. The subs aren't exactly the best, but you'll get the idea. Good enough for now until better official subs and possibly dubs are released.

chinnybob

Reaction score
I've only seen Gundam Wing since that was on Toonami when I was growing up. There seem to be so many different stories, I'd love to check some of them out but I have no idea where to start! Thoughts anyone?

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
For me, Gundam Wing was a pretty good start. After that, I'd recommend G-Gundam, then the original MSG once you've developed a serious interest in the storyline enough to keep your mind off the ancient animation (although I love it!). Then I guess you can fast forward to the Seed/Destiny seasons and maybe 00. That's essentially been the track I've taken and it's worked out great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Are all the Gundam series also available as dubs? I know MOST dubbed anime is garbage, but given that Gundam was back in the heyday of animation, and I know Wing had solid voice-actors, I imagine it wouldn't suffer like say ...Naruto does? I'm in the last 10 episodes of Gurren Lagann now and unfortunately subbed just takes up too much of my time unless I watch it during meals, I need something I can listen to in the background; which given that Gundam stuff is also fairly political - again, Wing was or at least I remember it being - so action isn't a huge deal to me for this stuff.

bouVIP

Reaction score
I believe most of them are dubbed. I know for sure 0079, Zeta, 00, Seed/Destiny, G Gundam, 0083, 08th MS Team, Wing and Unicorn are. The dubs for them are all pretty good too.

feilong29

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, BUT, having watched Gundam Wing/Endless waltz as a child, I always regarded it as an awesome series but...never understood it. I have a friend at work who is into gunpla, so I decided to hop back into it, starting with my favorite mobile suit of all time--TALLGEESE! So, I decided to finally watch MSG which I thoroughly enjoyed, followed by Char's Counterattack, which was a great closure to that story. I began 0080th, but decided to re-watch Gundam Wing, and while the voice acting/acting was cheesy, I thoroughly enjoyed it even more since I could understand all that took place. Interest parallel b/t Amura/Heero and Char/Zechs. I plan on watching Endless Waltz again, but I want to either continue 0080th or start Zeta.

Currently building a MG Tallgeese II, and eventually a RG RX-78 and Char's Zaku II--then last, my HG Mercurius x Vayeate set, which I'll go all out on.

Glad to have found this old thread :D

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, BUT, having watched Gundam Wing/Endless waltz as a child, I always regarded it as an awesome series but...never understood it. I have a friend at work who is into gunpla, so I decided to hop back into it, starting with my favorite mobile suit of all time--TALLGEESE! So, I decided to finally watch MSG which I thoroughly enjoyed, followed by Char's Counterattack, which was a great closure to that story. I began 0080th, but decided to re-watch Gundam Wing, and while the voice acting/acting was cheesy, I thoroughly enjoyed it even more since I could understand all that took place. Interest parallel b/t Amura/Heero and Char/Zechs. I plan on watching Endless Waltz again, but I want to either continue 0080th or start Zeta.

Currently building a MG Tallgeese II, and eventually a RG RX-78 and Char's Zaku II--then last, my HG Mercurius x Vayeate set, which I'll go all out on.

Glad to have found this old thread :D

This show was a staple as a kid, I also remember not really understanding what was happening. I did appreciate the incredibly massive, epic seeming world.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Just found this thread. Huge Gundam/Gunpla nerd here, heh. Ever since like many of you saw Wing on Toonami.... but it was 8th MS Team and Stardust Memory that truly made me a lifer. Seen most the animations, read a lot of the manga, build lotsa' tiny plastic models of large, metal af military machines.

Y'all pumped for the new movie?

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
I remember Wing, but also G Gundam back when they were broadcast on Toonami. It was so campy, but it had its moments.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I started with Wing on Toonami as a kid as well. Also didn't understand the story much but still loved it. The only other series I watched fully was 00 in high school and it was fantastic, highly recommend. I've been meaning to watch Wing again and maybe try some of the others.

As for Gunpla, I pulled the trigger back in 2019 and picked up an MG Exia kit from Gundam 00. Also got an Armored Core kit of White Glint, which isn't Gundam related but it is a fucking cool giant mecha.

feilong29

Reaction score
I started with Wing on Toonami as a kid as well. Also didn't understand the story much but still loved it. The only other series I watched fully was 00 in high school and it was fantastic, highly recommend. I've been meaning to watch Wing again and maybe try some of the others.

As for Gunpla, I pulled the trigger back in 2019 and picked up an MG Exia kit from Gundam 00. Also got an Armored Core kit of White Glint, which isn't Gundam related but it is a fucking cool giant mecha.

I am wanting to watch MSG: Thunderbolt after just finishing MSG: 08th MS Team. I love that one!

I recently bought a conversion kit for the Tallgeese I that will turn it into a MG Mercurius and Vayeate. It's going to be epic!

I'll need to check out 00 and Stardust Memory; so many that's hard to choose, unless you go by UC or AC.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
Just remember before you get too invested in any uc Gundam character tomino is nicknamed kill em all tomino. And his depression only got worse until after victory and it shows because it's easier to count the named characters that make it through intact than the ones who don't.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Hell yeah.... Stardust Memory is one of the shows I'll usually recommend to anyone new to Gundam UC stuff. That show and 8th MS Team really locked me into the franchise.

Man this kit looks like a BEAST! Great job! I seen some reviews on this on youtube amd the box looks like luggage it's so massive. it's scale is pretty damn close to the 1/60 scale of Perfect Grades... bet this would make good "friends" with the PG GP01 ;-) (I really wish they'd make a RG GP02 to go with the GP01 RG's.... get on that shit, Bandai! Please?)

Actually I been reading the "0083 Rebellion" manga since last month and holy shit is it a cool take on the OVA so far. They add/flesh out a LOT more of the scenarios and characters.... it's like the super deluxe wicked extended version of Stardust Memory, so I highly recommend it.

At one point in the manga an alternate loadout and rebadged "Zeon-ized" GP02 pops up after Gato captured it. And really wanna custom build my own version of that based off the HGUC MLRS variant of the old GP02 kit... (wouldn't take too much... mostly just extra Zaku II weapons, which if your like me and built a bunch of The Origin zaku kits, you likely got sandwich bags stuffed full of them. And the shield looks of the same type from Cima's Gelgoog)
1655305799974.png

1655305864356.png

jahosy

Reaction score
Hell yeah.... Stardust Memory is one of the shows I'll usually recommend to anyone new to Gundam UC stuff. That show and 8th MS Team really locked me into the franchise.

Man this kit looks like a BEAST! Great job! I seen some reviews on this on youtube amd the box looks like luggage it's so massive. it's scale is pretty damn close to the 1/60 scale of Perfect Grades... bet this would make good "friends" with the PG GP01 ;-) (I really wish they'd make a RG GP02 to go with the GP01 RG's.... get on that shit, Bandai! Please?)

Actually I been reading the "0083 Rebellion" manga since last month and holy shit is it a cool take on the OVA so far. They add/flesh out a LOT more of the scenarios and characters.... it's like the super deluxe wicked extended version of Stardust Memory, so I highly recommend it.

At one point in the manga an alternate loadout and rebadged "Zeon-ized" GP02 pops up after Gato captured it. And really wanna custom build my own version of that based off the HGUC MLRS variant of the old GP02 kit... (wouldn't take too much... mostly just extra Zaku II weapons, which if your like me and built a bunch of The Origin zaku kits, you likely got sandwich bags stuffed full of them. And the shield looks of the same type from Cima's Gelgoog)
View attachment 109190

View attachment 109191
Man, 8th MS team is another one of my fav :D reminded me alot of Mospedea! Another good one is War in the Pocket. Cried my eyes out as a kid lol

The Mechanicore kit is very detailed, but as all 3rd / 4th party kits their fit will never be as good as Bandai's. So be prepared to put in lots of work to make them fit lol but will have to say the end result is worth it.

Also check out Rodamn's GP-03 (1/72) and the newly release GP-04 (finally!!) which is probably my favourite mech design from the series. Even comtemplated buying the 1/60 resin kit at one point hahah

The manga looks sick. Maybe i should check them out!