Hardest solo?

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Testify by Stevie Ray Vaughan which is what I'm learning now is one hell of a challenge. Mainly because it's just solo after solo and it's just fast.

I love Stevie's work, but I feel like the only way to play his stuff is to be coked out and that I am not.

FretsOnFyre

SSO's sociopath
Reaction score
Hardest one I've been able to do is probably Under A Glass Moon. Used to be able to play it pretty close a couple years back, but I've had a lot less time to keep my chops up since then.

These days? I can still play Tornado of Souls and The River Dragon Has Come probably 80-85% correctly... being in university really sucks the time out. I've spent a lot less time learning other songs than I have writing, so the hardest thing I've learned lately has probably been a tricky tapping lick I wrote for one of my songs :lol:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Been learning Isolated Incidents by Animals as Leaders and there's a run at the end of the second solo before it goes back to the chorus that's just ridiculous. To to mentioning going straight into a very fast tapping bit immediately.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
This necrobump makes me nostalgic.

The only thing I've learned since my post on Page 2 is Guthrie Govan's Wonderful Slippery Thing. It's not so technically hard as much as it is just hard to get "it". I can play the first minute and a half of it probably with my eyes closed, upside down, and naked in the middle of a crowd, (this is all a lie, but illustrates the point) but I can never for the life of me get it to sound like Guthrie does.