Headless on a budget

• Thread starter Ajb667
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ajb667

Reaction score
I've been DYING to get a headless. 6 7 or 8 strings, i don't care, i play them all. Problem is, I'm not sure what i can get with my budget of under 1k. Any suggestions? I know i can't get a Vader, which sucks because they look fantastic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Your best bet is a used Steinberger Synapse or Spirit. Or find someone selling a used Carvin Vader.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
31S7BBD48NL.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist. Does fit the "budget" aspect though.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Well, you could do some very aggresive modding to a regular guitar using the saw from above and buying the hardware:
Hipshot_headless

You could also build your own, though I think the investment in tools to build guitars would not be cheap anyway.

So yeah the only real option is to buy a used steinberger. They are pretty different from Kiesel vaders and strandbergs, but thats the only good way to get one for under 1000 bucks.

If you are truly crawing a headless guitar I would suggest that you get a job.

Ajb667

Reaction score
If you are truly crawing a headless guitar I would suggest that you get a job.

Or maybe i have a job but can't easily afford an expensive guitar because i have taxes and bills to pay?

I think im gonna shop around for a used carvin headless, instead of getting a cheaper, lower end one. Thanks!