Heavy Clip (Emissary, SSD4)

• Thread starter faloppa
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

faloppa

Reaction score
Hi! I just finished this clip and I was wondering if there was something I should improve, I guess this is my best mix by far but still I think I need to improve certain things. Hope you like it :)

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/destinos/fulgor-astral[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
personally I'll like a tad bit more of low-end, but, as I said, it's just a personal thing. Overall it sounds great!, the clarity you get in your mixes is awesome

saludos compa

edit: forgot to tell; the composition is killer too, are you using this in the next album?

Spacestationfive

Reaction score
I'm enjoying your layering so much I can't even concentrate well enough to critique this.....

If there was anything I could try and be picky about: Perhaps just a little tiny bit of boost in the high end (4-6K+) on the kick and snare...BUT here's the deal. It's probably perfect already but the fidelity of those frequencies may have been lost due to listening to it using soundcloud... SO... Great job!

isispelican

Reaction score
Great writing and mix dude! I would bring up the guitars a little and give everything a bit more low end.

faloppa

Reaction score
personally I'll like a tad bit more of low-end, but, as I said, it's just a personal thing. Overall it sounds great!, the clarity you get in your mixes is awesome

saludos compa

edit: forgot to tell; the composition is killer too, are you using this in the next album?

Yeah, it seems there's some lack of low-end, I tried to HP the kick drum and let the bass use most of the low freqs, that might have been the problem, I'll keep that in mind for further songs. This won't be part of the album :p, I'm composing something better (I think) for it. Saludos cumpita :) and thanks bro!

I'm enjoying your layering so much I can't even concentrate well enough to critique this.....

If there was anything I could try and be picky about: Perhaps just a little tiny bit of boost in the high end (4-6K+) on the kick and snare...BUT here's the deal. It's probably perfect already but the fidelity of those frequencies may have been lost due to listening to it using soundcloud... SO... Great job!

It's probably the nice fidelity of soundcoud haha, but I guess I'd bring up a little bit the high freqs of the kick drum, Thanks for the feedback and I'm very glad that you like it :), There's a lot more coming!

Great writing and mix dude! I would bring up the guitars a little and give everything a bit more low end.

The guitars in general? I'll definitely be more aware of the low-end on my mixes, it seems to be that it's my weakest point. Thanks mate!

JoryGriffin

Reaction score
Can't comment on the lack of low end due to terrible headphones, but man this composition is awesome.