Hello from Scotland!

• Thread starter Wesly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wesly

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Wesly from Glasgow,Scotland.

Just joined up to try and keep in the loop with what's going on with guitars these days. Played for about 11years now and made the mistake after 5 years of selling all my gear and starting again.

My current guitars and effects etc are

Ibanez RG827
Ibanez RG370dx
Fender USA Strat x2
Jackson Roswell Rhoads

EHX Big muff with tone wicker
EHX HOG
EHX Microsynth
Digitech Whammy
Morley wah
Boss Slow Gear
Boss flanger
Boss octaver
Boss bass overdrive
Boss EQ
Boss bass EQ

haven't got an amp at the moment but run everything into a POD and then into my computer :)

Will try and get some pics sorted out soon of the axe collection and look forward to chatting to some fellow 7stringers :)

Wesly

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
welcome
I stay in argyll a couple of hours away

you need to get some pics of your gear up

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
:welcome:

It's not a mistake in going out with the old, in with the new. It's an opportunity for new growth! :agreed:

..But you're not alone in regretting losing an old favourite or two! I still regret selling some early JEMs and a few other things. Ah well, you can't keep 'em all!

Have fun on the forum! Make sure to use the search feature (top right of the screen). There's a lot of stuff to read on here!

:wavey:

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
Scotland!

I have yet to visit... it's where my ancestors are from...

I did, however, drink a bottle of Scotch from the Isle of Sky once... it was a gift from a pal for working on a show...

What kind of amp are you thinking of getting?

Wesly

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Will get some pics up soon, unfortunately of the RG827 as I took it back today when I broke the trem... Guess I shouldn't be so rough on the trem next time. Will post pics of it when it's fixed :)

Mwoit

Reaction score
Auch aye, ya weegie.

Kidding, I'm from Glasgow too! In Lenzie, Northeast of Glasgow. It still counts! Although I live in Edinburgh these days.

Wesly

Reaction score
Auch aye, ya weegie.

Kidding, I'm from Glasgow too! In Lenzie, Northeast of Glasgow. It still counts! Although I live in Edinburgh these days.

Haha! I'm originally from edinburgh!

Well quick update, my 7 is having parts of the bridge being replaced as I seem to have broken it :/ so I thought why not order some bare knuckles whilst my guitars in the shop :) in a week or so, lots of pics. I promise!

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
Haha! I'm originally from edinburgh!

Well quick update, my 7 is having parts of the bridge being replaced as I seem to have broken it :/ so I thought why not order some bare knuckles whilst my guitars in the shop :) in a week or so, lots of pics. I promise!
Welcome! What BKP are you thinking of?

I'm from Edinburgh myself too. Hopefully will be moving back to Glasgow or Edinburgh myself again next year. Central belt ftw.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Any of you guys know of any bands in the metal / hardcore Edinburgh scene that need members? I'm getting band withdrawal syndromes and I'd love to play guitar / bass!

Wesly

Reaction score
I know the feeling! There's not that many bands around at the moment that interest me in the central belt though. I'm hoping to sort something with my work life so that I can maybe get back to the band scene. Definitely got that itch to play again!

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
Hmm you both want to join a band.... start one! I joke, if Edinburgh or Glasgow are anything like Aberdeen there are a handful of metal drummers and they are all in about 7 bands.

I don't know any bands looking for members. There is a facebook page for gear for sale in Glasgow/Edinburgh and I think people there have mentioned starting a musicians wanted page but don't think they acted on it, or if they did it has never been avertised.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
Hmm you both want to join a band.... start one! I joke, if Edinburgh or Glasgow are anything like Aberdeen there are a handful of metal drummers and they are all in about 7 bands.

I don't know any bands looking for members. There is a facebook page for gear for sale in Glasgow/Edinburgh and I think people there have mentioned starting a musicians wanted page but don't think they acted on it, or if they did it has never been avertised.

got a link for the gear for sale facebook page mate?

Wesly

Reaction score
couple of pic's of some of my gear ;)

more to come when i get the 7 back and the rest of my gear back from friends.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

Today's addition...

526720_10151238589729651_671461164_n.jpg