Help a guy out - what would you get for a bangin' 6'er?

• Thread starter bigswifty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
Jokes aside, used Prestiges are ridiculous value these days. There were so many different models over the years that people simply can't hype them all, so there are lots of gems around.
Completely and totally agree. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve recommended people get a used Prestige RGA121 and they came back telling me how much they loved it. I might be up to 7? Idk I can’t count past that anyway.

I still find myself fighting the urge to buy another one since I sold mine some years back.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
Ibanez RG Genesis. $1000 MIJ, no gimmicks. That's what I'd get no questions asked. I certainly would not entertain the idea of an MII or MIK guitar for the same price. But that's just like my opinion, man.
I'd certainly entertain a used Prestige RG for <$1000 over a new Genesis, to get an AANJ neck joint. ;)

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny what changing the order of a letter does when you read it out loud:

what would you get for bangin' a 6'er?

tumblr-mzxoxpp-On-J1rwl09fo3-500.png

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
If an Ibanez RG ticks all the right boxes for you, the age-old SS.org advice of "get a used Prestige" is still a great (the best imo) way to go if you want a great guitar at a very reasonable price.

devastone

Reaction score
Schecter Sun Valley Exotic HT, awesome guitars, 24 SS frets, great necks, awesome sounding (IMHO) MIA Schecter pickups. I'm looking to pick up a 2nd one.

aesthyrian

Reaction score
I'd certainly entertain a used Prestige RG for <$1000 over a new Genesis, to get an AANJ neck joint. ;)
Meh, makes no difference to me fortunately. But if it matters then hell yeah there is a huge used market out there for the taking. Not sure if OP was looking for used or not.

tom schelfaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I personally never have wanted to own someone else's signature guitar... but out of these two, the Holcomb looks nicer...

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
M
Not owning a signature guitar let's you forge your own musical identity, right?
Maybe it should be a rite of passage that someone has to build their own custom guitar before they're allowed to play (like a Jedi forging their own lightsaber). 😅

sleewell

Reaction score
Assuming you have the 'flat D' neck, how does it compare to an Ibanez Wizard?

i actually have the original prototype, bought it directly from Joe, and don't know what neck it has on it. sorry. but I also haven't played an ibanez wizard so I wouldn't even know how to compare it.

Latest posts