Help me chose my first 7 string between these

which is the better one

• Total voters

Thomas Gendron

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi! I’m soon gonna be buying my first 7 strings and I found 4 models that I like but I’d like some advice for which I should chose , I play deathcore and a bit of metalcore.

the 4 models are :

Charvel NOVA-7
Schecter C-1 SLS elite 7
Schecter KM-7 MKII (version with Sentient/nazgul I believe)
Sterling JP157D

thanks in advance ^^

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Went with the KM7. I'm assuming it's 2nd hand so you can get a great deal on it. Plus the extra inch would add a hint more clarity and tightness.

Pickups are perfectly suitable for what you need. No mods necesary.

C1 Elite would be my 2nd choice, but I imagien it's more expensive and it'll cost more than the KM7. Both the C1 and KM will be on par quality wise.

The NOVA 7 would be #3. It's a great guitar I imagine, but I don't think I'd trust the Tone Zone for brutal tight riffing. It has a Gotoh trem, though, which I'd trust to survive a nuclear holocaust.

I'd say the Sterling is last. While it has some great specs, it has what seems to be a generic bridge I wouldn't trust in the long run.

Thomas Gendron

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Went with the KM7. I'm assuming it's 2nd hand so you can get a great deal on it. Plus the extra inch would add a hint more clarity and tightness.

C1 Elite would be my 2nd choice, but I imagien it's more expensive and it'll cost more than the KM7. Both the C1 and KM will be on par quality wise.

The NOVA 7 would be #3. It's a great guitar I imagine, but I don't think I'd trust the Tone Zone for brutal tight riffing. It has a Gotoh trem, though, which I'd trust to survive a nuclear holocaust.

I'd say the Sterling is last. While it has some great specs, it has what seems to be a generic bridge I wouldn't trust in the long run.
I'd go with the Nova 7, I prefer the 25.5" scale to 26.5". Sterlings are pretty overpriced and ugly looking if you ask me.

Anyways, the real choice is, of course, a used Prestige. Or a new one. Since you're in this price range, I'd choose a new purple 752 over any of these

sadly , the KM isn’t second hand , the store just has it since 2016 , it never sold

I'd go with the Nova 7, I prefer the 25.5" scale to 26.5". Sterlings are pretty overpriced and ugly looking if you ask me.

Anyways, the real choice is, of course, a used Prestige. Or a new one. Since you're in this price range, I'd choose a new purple 752 over any of these

not dealing with a Floyd

FunkyMunky71

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I went with a C7 SLS multi scale elite for my first 7. I really like it, it’s pretty high quality for the money, although there were a couple of minuscule blemishes for a new guitar, but nothing worth risking an exchange for. It’s my first active guitar too so a lot of firsts here. I considered a KM but thought I’d give the multi scale ago as wasn’t sure about 26.5 scale across the fretboard and it’s really easy to get used to. Plus price was a factor and bought on line.