help with valuing items

• Thread starter soldierkahn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
After letting go of my Ibanez RG7680LTD-1 to a buddy so I could get my JCustom RGA, he let me know that he was wanting to offload/sell his RG1077XL. He said he only needs the hardware from the neck and the lopro to help him with another project, so I asked if i could buy the neck off of him. i was already after an RG1077XL for its neck making this a match made in heaven. But when he asked me how much the necks are usually worth on their own so we could begin negotiating, I didnt have a good answer. Ive been trying to research on my own but havent really found anything that weould give me a "blue book value" for individual pieces.

I also plan on selling off my JCustom RGA8420 neck (its getting replaced with the neck from an RG6UCS) and my RGD4327's neck (its getting replaced with the RG1077XL neckso was also wondering what their ballpark worth is based on condition? Other than the Luminlay side dots the Jcustom neck is stock and great condition, while the RGD4327 neck has both Luminlay side dots and top dots.
size3.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0057.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
Necks on regular models sell between $100-$300 usually. This K7 neck recently sold for $950, I would say its every bit as rare as a RG1077XL neck if not less. But selling individual like that only appeals to a small group of people if I had to guess.