Hiya!

• Thread starter Sammicat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sammicat

Doomster
Reaction score
Well Hi there! I'm SammiCat, as my friend Dagon so affectionately refers to me. A distinctly non-heavy name for a distinctly heavy girl. Heavy as in music...im not fat .-.
I'm 20 years old, I've been playing guitar for the past year and a half, working on engineering for the past 6 months, and I've been a brutal death metal vocalist for the past 4 years. Needless to say the only thing I'm REALLY good at so far is my growling, my guitar work definitely needs some work. I can finally afford a teacher thanks to my new job, so that's exactly what I'll be doing. I'm mainly into Doom, Death/Doom, Sludge, and Slam.
I play Slam (Fight The Demiurge) and Funeral Doom (Broken Anatomy).
I'm a pretty laid back girl. I'm the tiny, quiet girl in the office who sits there tinkering with a motherboard until someone asks to hear what I'm listening to and they go all pale faced when they find out I'm jamming to some Devourment, or Skinless, or Suffocation, or Novembers Doom.
I...think I covered everything. Anyway, Hiya, and I look forward to being a part of the community!
(oh and if anyone gives a couple ....s, this is moi Samantha Michelle Smith - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives )

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I already have a boyfriend, who's an industrial musician c:
I could use a live in sammich maker though.

Sign me up. We are thinking about the same kind of sammich, aren't we? :agreed:

Sammicat

Doomster
Reaction score
Sign me up. We are thinking about the same kind of sammich, aren't we? :agreed:
Well if we're talking about a delicious sammich made of organic bread smothered in veganaise and tofurkey and a ....load of cheddar, provolone, and mozzarella, topped with tempeh and toasted, then yes.
You're probably talking about something else.
So no.
c:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
well, if you ever change your mind, I'm only half a world away. Usually when girls get into their 20's they start wanting to get sammiched, if only just to try it. The ones I know who have say they found it thoroughly enjoyable! I know if my girlfriend told me that she wanted to get sammiched I'd be into it.

I'll stop being creepy. Welcome to sso. I'm new here too and I think it's the best damned website ever.

Sammicat

Doomster
Reaction score
well, if you ever change your mind, I'm only half a world away. Usually when girls get into their 20's they start wanting to get sammiched, if only just to try it. The ones I know who have say they found it thoroughly enjoyable! I know if my girlfriend told me that she wanted to get sammiched I'd be into it.

I'll stop being creepy. Welcome to sso. I'm new here too and I think it's the best damned website ever.

Thank you, both for ceasing the creepyness and the welcome ;)
I dunno about best site, but I've definitely gleaned much valuable information regarding mixing and recording from this site, so I figured i should finally introduce myself!

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I'll switch you some of my guitar skill for some growling skills. :lol:

Welcome. :wavey:

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
:welcome: I'll be sure to check out your music. I've been playing guitar for a little over three years and doing vocals for about the past six months, though I probably don't practice my screams as much as I should. :lol: