Horizon Devices "Nano Attack"

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I don't have anything against this pedal but calling it full featured is quite a laugh.
I thought fully featured meant it wasn’t missing anything. And compared to most boosts it’s not.

Edit: ah i see, compared to the average OD it’s missing the gain but, for a boost it’s really not missing anything.

lewis

Reaction score
its features are awesome:

1) its blue
2) its made of metal
3) its designed to be stomped on without breaking
4) it has a cool name
5) a big modern metal player is its creator
6) it makes guitars make quack sounds?
7) It sounds like a sega megadrive game
8) Being tiny is desirable - for a change

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
This is really intriguing to me. With overdrives I usually find the settings I like and leave it alone...inevitably the knobs get bumped and at the most inopportune times. The internal pots and the 6 position knob pretty much solves that issue. It seems like a cost saving measure on their behalf actually ended up having a plus side for me.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I don't have anything against this pedal but calling it full featured is quite a laugh.
I think it's meant to be fully featured. As in, you won't be able to not see it and you have to have it. Until the next one comes along.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
I'm sure it's a nice od, but between my amp having one built in and knowing what works for me for like half the price (nobels odr) means I doubt it's the boost for me.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m in the minority on this, but I hate completely obscure and subjective descriptions on stuff like this. (Not saying this pedal - just ODs/boosts, etc in general). It reminds me of cold medicine. I just flip the container over and see what the active ingredients are, and don’t care if it’s a “cold and flu” or “cold daytime formulation extra strength.” When we talk about “tight” we’re really talking about EQing the signal. I’d much rather know exactly what is going on, because otherwise it’s damn hard to do an apples to apples comparison across all the different types. And as a consequence, I just don’t buy any of them. I’m content to hear what people do on their EQs to get a good sound, and mimic that. I wish these sorts of pedals were like delays. Delay pedals are VERY explicit of what is going on, in terms of repeats, wet/dry mix, milliseconds of delay, etc. So if I have a pedal that only goes to a certain length delay, I know I can get other that goes further. With ODs and boosts, they’re not typically giving you the precise info on what’s going on.

PF Chang

Reaction score
I’m sure I’m in the minority on this, but I hate completely obscure and subjective descriptions on stuff like this. (Not saying this pedal - just ODs/boosts, etc in general). It reminds me of cold medicine. I just flip the container over and see what the active ingredients are, and don’t care if it’s a “cold and flu” or “cold daytime formulation extra strength.” When we talk about “tight” we’re really talking about EQing the signal. I’d much rather know exactly what is going on, because otherwise it’s damn hard to do an apples to apples comparison across all the different types. And as a consequence, I just don’t buy any of them. I’m content to hear what people do on their EQs to get a good sound, and mimic that. I wish these sorts of pedals were like delays. Delay pedals are VERY explicit of what is going on, in terms of repeats, wet/dry mix, milliseconds of delay, etc. So if I have a pedal that only goes to a certain length delay, I know I can get other that goes further. With ODs and boosts, they’re not typically giving you the precise info on what’s going on.

That's why I like the M77 with its 100hz knob.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
@Hollowway i don’t think anyone has opened one up yet to see what’s going on, but my assumption is the ‘tight’ knob is just selecting different capacitors for the high pass filter in the feedback loop of the op amp. This sets how much lows are cut.

That’s why it’s a rotary switch rather than a regular pot.

I could be wrong but that’s my bet.

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
It does eq the mids, cut bass and lowers gain the more you turn it.

I will probably record a low E noteand analyze the eq in every position when I get it (on its way as we speak), and post some screenshots of it to show what’s going on. I’m curious too, all I know is that it’s pretty good and the PD changed my look on od pedals.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't Sweetwater carrying the Horizon Devices stuff? Not seeing any reference to them on the site anywhere anymore.

Mainly because if they give you a frequency analysis you can duplicate it with an EQ so you don't really need to buy the pedal :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Mainly because if they give you a frequency analysis you can duplicate it with an EQ so you don't really need to buy the pedal :lol:

For sure. I’m just the geeky type that wants the info, just like I want when I buy a TV or computer. But I’m sure you’re right. If they release that info, then Chinese knock offs will show up, people will buy them, and then I’ll start bitching about that, too. :lol:

PF Chang

Reaction score
There's some magic with clipping diodes that many players like that just aren't in EQ pedals.

Latest posts