How does that saying go, once you go Mac you never go back?

• Thread starter DarkKnight369
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lee

Above
Contributor
Reaction score
I :wub: my Mac. Plain and simple. Though the reviews kind of suck for it, I still want to try the Mighty Mouse. It sounds awesome, and I'm tired of plugging in the adapter for my wireless mouse every time I use the computer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
Dude, fuck the Mighty mouse. Buy this:

Logitech V470
logitechv470-reviewlg.jpg

Its blue tooth, has 2 click buttons and a side scrolling click wheel. I got one for my mac at work and love it so much I made sure to order one with my personal mac. Its available through the Apple store.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have a Mighty Mouse, and it's not bad. The ball gets a little gummed up and it chews through batteries like crazy. I just bought a set of Eneloop rechargeables for it, though.

It's amazing to me how many people's negative impressions of Macs are based on using shitty school computers a decade or more ago.

That'd be like me saying i hate Windows machines because Windows 3.1 was such a piece of shit.

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
The point was, my Windows based machine from the same generation was smoking the macs we had back then. I didn't think their was anything special about the Mac OS until Leopard.

ukfswmart

Far too opinionated
Reaction score
Dude, fuck the Mighty mouse. Buy this:

Logitech V470
logitechv470-reviewlg.jpg

Its blue tooth, has 2 click buttons and a side scrolling click wheel. I got one for my mac at work and love it so much I made sure to order one with my personal mac. Its available through the Apple store.

It's missing the buttons at the side :squint:. I actually can't live without having those to activate Exposé functions, they're so time-saving

The point was, my Windows based machine from the same generation was smoking the macs we had back then. I didn't think their was anything special about the Mac OS until Leopard.

How old was your Dell back then? The earlier versions of MacOS really didn't run very well on the G4 machines; it'd be comparable to installing Vista Ultimate on a bottom-rung P3 machine :lol:

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
I'm running 10.4.11, and i haven't heard anything about hard drives getting "bricked". I'll probably upgrade to Leopard in the next few months.

Id wait - I'm really regretting upgrading :(
(It doesn't play well with adobe cs3 at all especially indesign...)

I kind of liked tiger ok - not enough to switch to a mac for home use but i found it ran nice.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's amazing to me how many people's negative impressions of Macs are based on using shitty school computers a decade or more ago.

That'd be like me saying i hate Windows machines because Windows 3.1 was such a piece of shit.
lol, 3.1 was alright aside from sucking at life at networking (microsoft still sucks at that) but as a program to exit out of and start up C&C it worked great :lol:

the old versions of Mac OS (even before then, Mac System) were terrible, just terrible, they made DOS look good, especially when it came to memory management. Mac OS prior to version 8~9 was worthless. The systems themselves were alright but the software running on them hardly made them speedy.

I did skip a generation though, when Quadras and all that crap came out I was not using computers like at all, I went from Apple IIs to the pizza boxes then skipped to the beige G3 so maybe those were decent, but from what I've heard they were hardly magical. I want a IIC but just because they're awesome :lol:

Anyway, switching to a BSD base was the best decision Apple ever made software-wise.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Mac wasn't worth any attention until OS X came out. OS X fucking owns. DarkKnight, That mouse RULES, I get to sick of the mighty mouse sometimes, but I would miss the side buttons.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I actually find the side buttons on my Mighty Mouse rather annoying. I haven't found a good use for them yet.