How to get rid of the "bwooowwww"?

• Thread starter WhiteWalls
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I just put a set of 10s on my ASAT and the farking G is bwowing to crap. I think I got a dud (wouldn't be unexpected from standard fare EB strings... It is driving me insane. BWOOOOwwwwooooWOOOOOOWwwwwwwOOOOWw

groph

Reaction score
Yeah just don't pick hard. I happen to love the "bwooowwww", the out of tune-ness lends to the heavy.

WhiteWalls

Reaction score
After some tries I finally have a verdict...
Apparently the source of the problem was me putting TWO freaking defective .60 strings in a row :lol:
The third one (which is actually a .59 because my store ran out of .60) finally scared all the BWOOOWWWWing away :fawk:

I didn't think it could be a string problem because, you know, that's the first thing I replaced :lol:

Anyway, wrapping it bottom to top to reduce the angle on the nut helped as well, I have yet to understand why, but I won't complain :agreed:

Happy bwwooowwwing everyone!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
The "ooo" in "Bwooowwww" is the note going sharp, the "B" is the picking and the "w's" are the correct note. Right off the bat, I would say the only things to do to get rid of the "ooo" in the "Bwooowwww!!!!!!!" is to use a thicker string, pick lighter and dont pick upward from the wood out, pick downward parallel to the body, maybe try using less of the pick, like just the tip of the pick.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
i find the extended scale is really helpful for getting rid of that sound. My 25.5 scale will..bwooww but my 30 or 28 3/4 scale wont. and i use medium gauge strings on both

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
i find the extended scale is really helpful for getting rid of that sound. My 25.5 scale will..bwooww but my 30 or 28 3/4 scale wont. and i use medium gauge strings on both

Scale length has a lot more to do with this sound than most of us will admit.

I want to make a song where the guitar is like "bwoww" and the snare drum is all like "ptangk" and the bass is kind of like "fgrurfpt". I'm only 10% joking when I say that, too! :)

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
We must coin this term.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this sound isn't anything new. It is has been present in hardcore/deathcore/brocore for ages. Emmure, Acacia Strain's older stuff, some See You Next Tuesday (grindy, but whatevs), Liferuiner... Ze list goes one! This has been in music for the last ten or longer years.

And if anyone is wondering, this song is actually The Acacia Strain poking fun at Emmure and their endless fucking droning breakdowns. :lol:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Hate to burst your bubble, but this sound isn't anything new. It is has been present in hardcore/deathcore/brocore for ages. Emmure, Acacia Strain's older stuff, some See You Next Tuesday (grindy, but whatevs), Liferuiner... Ze list goes one! This has been in music for the last ten or longer years.

And if anyone is wondering, this song is actually The Acacia Strain poking fun at Emmure and their endless fucking droning breakdowns. :lol:

We must reclaim the term then. I wonder if emmure is going to steal that song, too?

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Lol. Emmure themselves have admitted that they are unoriginal, and say that if anyone has a problem with it to "take it up with them." They are (under the impression that they are) hard ass "bros" and like a good fight.

Mexi

Reaction score
lets not make this an emmure thread, get back to the bwooowwww

I've really been digging that sound really, BECAUSE it sounds so "off". It's quite unique and, like another poster said, it lends to heaviness.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Scale length has a lot more to do with this sound than most of us will admit.

I want to make a song where the guitar is like "bwoww" and the snare drum is all like "ptangk" and the bass is kind of like "fgrurfpt". I'm only 10% joking when I say that, too! :)
+1 :lol:. What would a cool cello sound be? Im trying to get something new out of mine...

also, the bwooowwww is the only reason I keep a 24 3/4 scale guitar.