I can't find the model of my 7 string Ibanez guitar, am i just not looking hard enough?

• Thread starter Michael120
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Michael120

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a guitar that looks just like the RG2027X except that it is a deep blue color like the RG2027XL, but it is definitely not the XL version (wrong inlays, wrong knobs, no piezo). the serial number confirms it was made in the year 2000 (F00 XXXXX)

I was wondering if its possible the previous owner simply painted over the guitar, except that there is some damage on the guitar and it looks like a piece of the finish has been knocked off near the pickups and underneath is clearly bare wood no sign of the vintage violin finish as far as I can tell.

could it be as simple as this model was made in blue its just not mentioned anywhere i can find?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a guitar that looks just like the RG2027X except that it is a deep blue color like the RG2027XL, but it is definitely not the XL version (wrong inlays, wrong knobs, no piezo). the serial number confirms it was made in the year 2000 (F00 XXXXX)

I was wondering if its possible the previous owner simply painted over the guitar, except that there is some damage on the guitar and it looks like a piece of the finish has been knocked off near the pickups and underneath is clearly bare wood no sign of the vintage violin finish as far as I can tell.

could it be as simple as this model was made in blue its just not mentioned anywhere i can find?
Ibanez did have an Adriatic blue RG7620, how does it look compared to that? Can you post some pictures?

Michael120

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
you guys got the color right but the RG7620 hardware is all wrong. I guess adriatic blue RG2027X????

I know the pickups were swapped out, but surely the last owner didn't also swap out the hardware or the paint job right?

sorry its so dusty haven't played in years due to shoulder/neck issues (probably didn't help this is a mahogany guitar i think)

IMG_20240701_214159 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Could also be a small dealer run. I've got a RG570EX that in the catalogs comes with white pearl binding and a regular edge but it seems like there were a few in Europe and UK that had a lopro and black pearl binding. I haven't seen any with that spec outside Europe/UK so the thinking was it was probably a small batch for a European dealer or distributor.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Interesting! To me it looks a little more like Royal Blue on a 1527 or an MIJ 2002 RG421... but it could be Adriatic blue or some other shade!

stretcher7

Reaction score
Could also be a small dealer run. I've got a RG570EX that in the catalogs comes with white pearl binding and a regular edge but it seems like there were a few in Europe and UK that had a lopro and black pearl binding. I haven't seen any with that spec outside Europe/UK so the thinking was it was probably a small batch for a European dealer or distributor.
I have a 2027XVV. I bought it new when thy came out (2000?). I've kept an eye out for ANY other finishes and never seen anything other than the 2127X that came out around for Japan only. I find this blue one incredibly intriguing.

Latest posts