I knowingly bought a Kiesel I'm making a 22 page thread about

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
trash.jpg

I knowingly bought this used kiesel the other day and the entire experience has made me reconsider any and all online testimonials I have read.

Flashback to a couple days ago- I see a post with a guy selling a used kiesel vader bass on a website that charges fees. I slid into his dm's and got his number.

Now for you youngsters out there, this may be hard to believe, but telephones used to be a device that you could dial a series of numbers into and then hear a strange repeating tone with your ears. Sometimes you'd hear a click and a human voice would appear on the other end and you could then use your mouth to also speak to the other voice!!! I did this exact series of steps and wound up getting $200 off the asking price of the bass. The seller even agreed to send it directly to my door for nothing more than the cost of a $200 deposit, and then I'd pay the balance upon receipt and inspection of the bass.

A few days later it came in and it's flawless. No fret buzz, no scratchy electronics, a straight neck, and low action. The seller forgot to include the headstock but that's okay because it plays pretty darn good as-is. It's got a KILLER B STRING despite the 34" scale which must be due to mystic American construction and DEFINITELY NOT because it has appropriately gauged strings on it.

All was going well and it was a dream to play. But then I noticed something.....

Apparently the original buyer ordered this model with a double thick neck!!!!

20240629_181029.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
I realized the photo of macho man randy banana-bandit up there makes it seem like the bridge is wayyy misaligned.

I don't allow that shit around here. It's fine.

20240629_202901.jpg

And since my weird food preclusions seem to be recent cult-hits around here, I've never eaten a banana in my life either.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Just for shits and gigs, I did a quick recreation of what I know about this bass in the builder on the Kiesel site (I don't have a spec sheet) and it was around $2,269. I paid less than half that @ $1100 all-in shipped to my door with the kiesel supplied gig bag so I'm pretty happy I'd say.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
This thread delivers.

Shoutout any kiesels listed around here being probably close to the order price as if people cant look em up :lol:
I have to explain this to every guy* bringing in a Kiesel to trade in. We can (and will) look up the builder and input your spec sheet, and no one is going to go for 200 bucks off your original price, at that point they'll just call Kiesel themselves.

It's very annoying, and all the Kiesels we get traded in are bling city. Almost like when they got it they realized what they did. People, this goes for all guitars, pick ONE feature. If you have a bad ass top, pick a subdued neck and back. Nice neck? Pick a solid color or homogenous paint. Let the star shine solo or the sea of reflection blinds us.

*Face it, what, 2 women on planet earth own a Kiesel?