I started chemo today....

• Thread starter garcia3441
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
and the nurse gave me a tip for when you're going to get stuck with a needle.
Get some Preperation H (or something with numbing action) and rub some on the spot 30 minutes to hour before hand. You'll never feel the stick.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:( Sorry to hear about this once again, I hope this goes smoothe and safe with you, you'll get through it. Good luck, man. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rogue

metal is forever
Reaction score
yeh good luck mate ss.org is with you, keep administering the metal and the guitar

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn... does it work?? Wish I woulda known that. That shit hurt all the time. Did they put your port on the left or right? And are you outpatient? I was inpatient for my first week (and 2nd due to a scheduling error).

Good luck man. I'm sure you'll do just fine. And if you want, you can check out my 'chemo reward' thread known as "Avalanche". It'll help bring your spirits up. :agreed:

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
Damn... does it work??
I won't know until the second set, they decided to leave the needle and tube in for this week.

Regor said:
Did they put your port on the left or right? And are you outpatient? I was inpatient for my first week (and 2nd due to a scheduling error).

Left-side and I'm outpatient all the way.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
garcia3441 said:
I won't know until the second set, they decided to leave the needle and tube in for this week.
Left-side and I'm outpatient all the way.

I had right-side. And if they didn't explain (I'm sure they did, but it's good info for other ppl), they leave the needle in all week because you run a risk of infection everytime you poke a new hole. And you're lucky to get outpatient dude. I couldn't sleep worth a damn when I was inpatient. That damn IV drip kept me up all night (not to mention I kept getting woke up every 2-3hrs for tests). Outpatient is much nicer. Good luck.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
man, you just put my "terrible day" into perspective. all the best, bro.

jtm45

Reaction score
Hope all goes well for you Mike and you're back up and playing in the very near future.
In fact i KNOW it will. (that's my 'positivity' spell:yesway: )

Good-Luck Bro'.:metal:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Godspeed and quick recovery to you bro. We need you good and healthy for Vegas next year.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
And if they didn't explain (I'm sure they did, but it's good info for other ppl), they leave the needle in all week because you run a risk of infection everytime you poke a new hole.

Nope, the didn't say a thing about that.

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
Best of luck. I'm a fellow survivor since Nov' 2004, but I've never had to go through chemo. My thoughts are with you.