I think I'm becoming a misanthopist.

• Thread starter BMFan30
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Shouldn't it just be "misanthrope"? Or do you mean a studier/collector of misanthropes?
English is my 3rd language, working on my 4th. But, Websters Fictionary will soon become your first @Drew

Misanthropist

noun​

1. Same as misanthrope.
  2. A misanthrope.
  3. A misanthrope; a person who hates all mankind; a person who hates the human species.
Do you also go around reddit fixing everyone's spelling errors? You probably do Drew, so do the dew but most importantly, do you. Chill out & have a few. Using words interchangeably should not have tickled your taint like it has, trust me I ain't ever even wanted to wind ya flames widdis gas.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
Come on, it was funny, regardless.

(I thought it was “misanthropist” though)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Come on, it was funny, regardless.

(I thought it was “misanthropist” though)
I thought what I said was funny too, I got jokes, shit. I put the definition with the word right above your reply. Whatever spelling error was in the title was because when I type, my dickbeaters fall on the wrong letters and I'm not even going to change it. It's a physical situational error that happens to everybody universally, everywhere all the time.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I struggle with a lot of similar issues, though my experiences are vastly different from yours, and I found therapy to be massively helpful, as have many others. That said, not all therapists are equally good/helpful, and it sucks to pay money for something just to realize it's not right.
Therapy is a large part of what is helping keep an immediate family member with severe depression alive, but you’re right its BS and doesnt work at all.

Good luck dude.
I had a therapist already when I had my DUI and those shithole classes required therapy on the side. My fuckhead therapist was probably running low on fees for bills so he was trying to hard to cringily get me to talk about personal shit that had nothing to do with my DUI so he could have something to prolong the classes.

He knew that I knew what he was trying to do and I would give him looks each time he would fish for shit that wasn't any of his business. Then he would change the subject to something lighter until he'd try his sleazedog snake shit again.

He would even try to get me to admit to things using clever lines like cops do to try to "incriminate" you by getting you to waive your rights and talk to the enemy because cops don't care who's fault it is. They just need to book someone in jail to put the case to rest.

The entire thing reeks of pyramid scheme and of course telling people things which will definitely be repeated to someone else regardless of their full confidentiality promise. As if that's stopped anyone. Nurses will scream OSHA but then sit there and talk about a patient out in the hallway with randoms like me there hearing all the shit I shouldn't by law. So no I don't trust people, especially ones that need me to dig myself a hole of endless cash flow for these sleazy bastards.

Either way Idk how in the fuck therapy got in here because people who need therapy don't have a bandaid problem like mine. People who need therapy are far past the point of self help. And even then, how many of these therapists are going to actually give a line of advice to someone who has severe problems they had never seen before and will need therapy of their own after hearing their patients stories.

What i need is to meet a person that was blamed, shunned, embarrassed and slandered to no return to see how they dug themselves out of the hole. Someone that's met a similar fate to mine. Then, and only then will I be open to talking to a therapist. I don't need a damn nail salon to listen to my turds, I'm not that far gone. That's why I made the thread. I've been completely fine for 10 years of this shit but now I'm pushing away people that don't deserve it and it's eating me up.

So now I'm of all the sudden not fine with my general lonely state after dropping several top teir females in the last year that I would have died to meet 10 years ago. Now there are much, much finer girls trying to talk to me and they all dissipate into thin air because I end up either failing to keep following up or I fake some situation to make myself 10 folds less appealing so that they drop me cause I had no heart to drop em my own, as if I don't even give a shit but yet I do.

That's my problem, not that I'm hellbent on eating bullets and need severe help. If you saw me in real life you would never guess I had any of these issues. I'm actually surprised I have them myself, and confused.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Misanthropy: a hatred or distrust of humankind.

Any advice?
Avoid people....?

There is a point where it is easy to just get burned out from dealing with the day-to-day shit that people slough. Take a break from people; just stay home if you can, for a few days.

Sometimes the reverse helps, socializing only helps if you are dealing with non-stupid people though, not the general public.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As I'm a greek nerd, misanthrope is the greek compound word μισάνθρωπος from μίσος (=hate) & άνθρωπος (=human) 😉

cthsqd

Cthulhu Squadron
Reaction score
It actually becomes more popular between people, as we turn from our biological nature (group oriented behaviours/feelings) into more logical/reasonable units. As it doesn’t happen simultaneously with everybody it creates individualists, who are often rejected by groups who don't comperhend this way of thinking. Those individuals, despite their reason are still influenced by their biology, including the need of being accepted by others, what is the source of depression. Hatred towards others is a form of a self defence mechanism, but it eats the owner instead of the others, unless he lives in a lawless jungle where he can actually use it.

My solution, change the hatred into understanding for simple humans with all their flaws, ignore assholes and look for those who operate at similar level to yours.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
As I'm a greek nerd, misanthrope is the greek compound word μισάνθρωπος from μίσος (=hate) & άνθρωπος (=human) 😉
"Location: Athens Greece"

Yeah, that scans.

What do you think of English words like "automobile" or "polyamory," where the people who coined the term couldn't take 5 seconds to make sure the prefix and suffix came from the same classical language?

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"Location: Athens Greece"

Yeah, that scans.

What do you think of English words like "automobile" or "polyamory," where the people who coined the term couldn't take 5 seconds to make sure the prefix and suffix came from the same classical language?
Haha, we'd better analyze these somewhere else, I believe we're getting out of topic... 🙂

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
lol, was waiting for who was going to give the cookie cutter advice.

Doodlin' pictures while I run up their time talking about shit they don't want to hear so that I may pay them at the end. It's a sad practice altogether. Laughable even.

Are the success stories from patients that go to therapy. Ar- Are still in therapy? I'm shocked. It's as if sinking money into substances has the same effect as hiring a therapist so you just keep showing up every week to get something out of it.

Except the difference is that weed will give you something at the end and with therapy only one person gets something before next time.

Or the therapist will become my new dealer after writing a script, as they usually do when you've annoyed them with your shit so that you don't feel like you came in to give someone oral before leaving then getting nothing in return. You are giving money to a person for something, why in the fuck would they care about anything else? LOL

Your advice is so bad, it actually cheered me up like a horror movie that is so bottom of the barrell that it automatically becomes a comedy by accident. Thanks for the hearty laugh, I probably needed it. I should have just put "don't recommend therapists" in my original post.
I see a therapist every week or two depending on how bad my mood is. It's really helped me not kill myself several times in the last year.

My psychologist isn't able to prescribe medication, they don't get paid by the hour because they have a publicly funded salary. They spent a decade getting a PhD to help people. They write extensive notes, that I have seen, every session and they care enough about me to not need to reference them constantly.

If your immediate response to someone trying to help you is this level of cynicism then you absolutely need to talk to someone.

Get a therapist.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
My psychologist isn't able to prescribe medication, they don't get paid by the hour because they have a publicly funded salary. They spent a decade getting a PhD to help people. They write extensive notes, that I have seen, every session and they care enough about me to not need to reference them constantly.

Wait -- am I your therapist?

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
lol, was waiting for who was going to give the cookie cutter advice.

Doodlin' pictures while I run up their time talking about shit they don't want to hear so that I may pay them at the end. It's a sad practice altogether. Laughable even.

Are the success stories from patients that go to therapy. Ar- Are still in therapy? I'm shocked. It's as if sinking money into substances has the same effect as hiring a therapist so you just keep showing up every week to get something out of it.

Except the difference is that weed will give you something at the end and with therapy only one person gets something before next time.

Or the therapist will become my new dealer after writing a script, as they usually do when you've annoyed them with your shit so that you don't feel like you came in to give someone oral before leaving then getting nothing in return. You are giving money to a person for something, why in the fuck would they care about anything else? LOL

Your advice is so bad, it actually cheered me up like a horror movie that is so bottom of the barrell that it automatically becomes a comedy by accident. Thanks for the hearty laugh, I probably needed it. I should have just put "don't recommend therapists" in my original post.
I think this only reinforces @budda 's suggestion.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
English is my 3rd language, working on my 4th. But, Websters Fictionary will soon become your first @Drew

Misanthropist

noun​

1. Same as misanthrope.
  2. A misanthrope.
  3. A misanthrope; a person who hates all mankind; a person who hates the human species.
Do you also go around reddit fixing everyone's spelling errors? You probably do Drew, so do the dew but most importantly, do you. Chill out & have a few. Using words interchangeably should not have tickled your taint like it has, trust me I ain't ever even wanted to wind ya flames widdis gas.
Yup, misanthrope status confirmed. :lol:

Meant it as a good natured teasing, mostly because I really liked the image of someome with a collection of misanthropes, pinned to the wall like butterflies. :lol: But clearly it didn't land, so sorry about that. :yesway:

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score

Meant it as a good natured teasing, mostly because I really liked the image of someome with a collection of misanthropes, pinned to the wall like butterflies. :lol: But clearly it didn't land, so sorry about that. :yesway:

This is a not-far-off description of my group of close friends.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Sounds like you're on my wavelength.

About the only thing I've found helps pull me out of the spiral, when it happens, is to hold onto whatever it is that makes you feel like you have a purpose other than being an emotional punching bag for other people. Which, admittedly, is sometimes hard. Especially these days when it's tough to quite the constant screaming for attention from every direction. Sitting in a dark room with a favorite album on is a favorite pastime of mine for a reason.

Meditation would be cool, if you can find a place to do it where you won't be interrupted.

Writing music or just writing in general have been my biggest lifts over the years. Just letting your mind wander while you have a instrument, keyboard, or pencil in your hand can be extremely therapeutic.

Another good one is solitary cardio. Running, walking, bicycling. Anything that gets the heart pumping a bit more than usual, and allows your mind to shift out of contemplating responsibilities, obligations, and upcoming "other" nonsense we all have to deal with and just enjoy the world outside of civilization. Some of my favorite days ever were spent riding the little-used back highways on my road bike. Wind in your face, sun on your back, the only sounds you breathing and the tires whirring lightly on the road. I miss that shit during the winter, gotta say.

"The world is a mess and I just need to rule it." --Dr. Horrible

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Sorry man, I meant mine to be lighthearted too, in a crusty tattered sort of way and dumb shit I say should never be read into seriously. It's meant to be creative slop.

But, I probably am a cynical fuck though. I wasn't always but over the years ya jeans will wear down to cheeky ass holes from sittin' down onna concrete till ya balls dangle out at free shows.

:agreed:

Latest posts