IA Eklundh leaves Caparison guitars.

• Thread starter straymond
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

straymond

Reaction score
Do you think the strandberg trem could cope with IA's wild stuff?

Oh. A strandy with an orginal FR? That would be something else.

AndiKravljaca

Reaction score
Interesting! IA always struck me as the kind of guy who really doens't care what guitar he's playing. He constantly goes on about 'I don't know anything about wood, pickups, all I know it these work great' during clinics. So it'll be interesting to see where he jumped to. I mean credit where credit's due the guy's stuck with Caparison for over 25 years. You can hardly blame him for wanting to widen his horizons.

It'll be interesting to see where this ends up.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Not gonna lie I've never heard a song by him or Freak Kitchen or whatever that was like "Oh, of course he needs TT frets" can anyone point me in a song direction or project that would change my mind?

AndiKravljaca

Reaction score
Not gonna lie I've never heard a song by him or Freak Kitchen or whatever that was like "Oh, of course he needs TT frets" can anyone point me in a song direction or project that would change my mind?
He does a lot of open harmonics combined with chord voicings, so I can imagine intonation is super important. He goes into it in this video:

Last edited:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
No one needs TT frets because the gap between what they do and what they claim to do is giant

jco5055

Reaction score
No one needs TT frets because the gap between what they do and what they claim to do is giant
yeah iirc the original version of them (with the brass frets) actually were close to it's claim, but it's current version is just "let's make the most common chords sound a little better" basically.

But also, do people here realize Strandberg didn't create/ has the exclusive rights to TT? There's a bunch of boutique options he could consider, and honestly something like ESP wouldn't shock me.

I also think there's a possibility he could go with Sgt Doom Guitars, only because he plays drums in some trio where the guitarist uses them, and they're from Sweden.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
yeah iirc the original version of them (with the brass frets) actually were close to it's claim, but it's current version is just "let's make the most common chords sound a little better" basically.

But also, do people here realize Strandberg didn't create/ has the exclusive rights to TT? There's a bunch of boutique options he could consider, and honestly something like ESP wouldn't shock me.

I also think there's a possibility he could go with Sgt Doom Guitars, only because he plays drums in some trio where the guitarist uses them, and they're from Sweden.
IA is at the Strandberg retreat every year. That's why the speculation is Strandberg. Of course, it could be any company but he's had a long term affiliation.

Robslalaina

Reaction score
Curious about the collective SSO reaction if it turns out he's moving to Ibanez and his new sig is an Indo, 27 fret plain black RG with unbound rosewood fretboard, no SS frets, no Lo Pro and some silly 12 fret inlay 🤔

Also curious about the pricepoint if he were to get a Strandberg sig, especially if that's a TT 8 string with a trem 🤔