Ibanez 2011

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Ok so whats the rumours for this years NAMM?

I asked Rich @ Ibanez Rules about snagging me a euro RG1527ZBK because I dont want the RB and he told me that the RB is discontinued. He says we will either get the black like everyone else, or get a new color.

What have you guys heard? (not just about the 1527 but anything)

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I was thinking. A fixed bridge Prestige RG7, a tremolo low end RG7, a Prestige S7. That would be nice. I doubt it though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
From what i have heard they are sorting out the RGA8's, something about string through.

Also, i do believe one board member may be getting his own signature guitar finally ;)
From what i gather 24 fret prestige S series with Reversed headstock :D

Aside from that not a clue, maybe an RGA with trem?

Vletrmx

ζ
Reaction score

The majority of RGA's currently have trems. Personally, I wish they would revert to the fixed-bridge Prestige counterparts. A 7-string RGA Prestige with a Gibraltar Plus bridge would pretty much be amazing.

EDIT: "Majority" may have been exaggerating, but they got rid of the Prestige fixed-bridge RGA, which is really a shame.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
From what i have heard they are sorting out the RGA8's, something about string through.

Also, i do believe one board member may be getting his own signature guitar finally ;)
From what i gather 24 fret prestige S series with Reversed headstock :D

I'd be suprised if they did another RGA8. And I take it you're talking about Buz?

Dan

Reaction score
Yeah im talking about Buz :lol:

And i dont think its a case of them bringing out another RGA8 rather them scrapping the other one and bringing out a string thru version.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Yeah im talking about Buz :lol:

And i dont think its a case of them bringing out another RGA8 rather them scrapping the other one and bringing out a string thru version.

Sweet, would be cool if he was getting a sig, though I would've thought he'd post about it.

Fair dooze, they did have some issues with the bridge on the current one, so wouldn't suprise me if they made a hardtail.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I would love a Prestige RGD with fixed Edge bridge, preferably 25.5" scale. But I wouldn't be surprised to see 26.5 or 27" scale, since that unfortunately seems to be the way the 7 and 8-string market is headed.

How about a lefty 7? Hmmm? Hmmmmmm? :wallbash:

Eh nobody cares about you people. What do I mean by YOU PEOPLE? People who play the guitar the wrong (R-O-N-G) way.:squint:

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
I hope they don't sell off their stock of original RGA8 parts by making ridiculous double-neck versions a la the Xiphos.

Actually, that would be pretty metal! :hbang:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like usual they'll switch around a few models by region. Other than that, I don't see 2011 being a landmark year, though we'll see. The RGD and RGA v2 models did incredibly well so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple new models, at least a new color or so.

The Edge Pro is going to be officially, 100% gone. The non-trem RGs didn't do too great, so they might be gone. There's rumors of the MIJ RGT coming back, but that remains to be seen.

As usual, there's rumors of Unearth sigs and an update to the Korn range. The MTM and ORD might be on the chopping block as 1) Slipknot is no more, not just on hiatus, and 2) the ORD was never a big seller, it's already gone from being available in two formats (L&R) and two colors and it's now down to a single format and color.

The Destroyer, Iceman, and Artist range are probably going to see little if any changes.

As for trem equipped non-MIJ 7s, it'll only happen if Ibanez makes a budget, 7-string, knife edge system, such as a 7-string Edge III. They've been pretty against that, as well as bringing the ZR to anything other than the Saber range. We'll see though.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
1) Slipknot is no more, not just on hiatus

wait WHAT?!? @_@ yes i know about their bassist but i wasnt aware they had decided to throw in the towel permanently

back on topic, id like a fixed bridge 7 string 27" saber please :D

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Hope so but it would be a little weird since he's been playing ESPs live lately.

Really? Sucks, his LACS are niiiice.

As usual, there's rumors of Unearth sigs and an update to the Korn range. The MTM and ORD might be on the chopping block as 1) Slipknot is no more, not just on hiatus

Munky has said that he's been working with Ibanez on a sig version of his sunburst/white scratchplate RG7. Slipknot have not confirmed a split, some of the members are unsure as to the future of the band, but others have insisted Slipknot will be back. I've not seen anything confirming otherwise.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
wait WHAT?!? @_@ yes i know about their bassist but i wasnt aware they had decided to throw in the towel permanently

back on topic, id like a fixed bridge 7 string 27" saber please :D

Well, I'm more or less assuming.

The guys in Slipknot were always VERY adamant about not recording or playing unless all nine members were there. With Paul Grey's death they'll certainly never be all original nine again, and they've expressed that they're not looking for a replacement. I've heard they've said that Slipknot is on "indefinite hiatus", with Taylor saying he felt that he didn't want to do another album. Could they come back at some point? Sure. Is it going to be soon? Not at all. There were no real plans to come back even when Paul was alive, and if the press conference was any indication, they're not going to hop back into things right away. Most of the members have other projects as well.

Seeing as Mick isn't in any other projects, there's no reason to continue his sig model, at least in it's current form. Perhaps if he finds another project they will.

Maybe then they'll take that "SEVEN" inlay off the board!!! :lol:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
They said they need at least a couple of years to get their shit together and see what they want to dom but yeah I don't wanna go OT.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which begs the question, just how long is Ibanez going to have a signature guitar in queue for a player who doesn't have a gig?

I'm not saying the MTM is gone for sure, or if Slipknot is.