Ibanez 2011

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the RG1451 is just too expensive for what it is. To gig with the thing you need to spend $120 on the case which comes with every other prestige, bringing the price up to $920 which is too much for a plain fixed bridge guitar with no name pickups. A Jackson DK2T gives you the same quality craftsmanship with a bound neck, real SD pickups, and a good case for like $649.

If they brought it down to 599 with the bag, it would be much more appropriate IMO.

As far as MIJ Ibanez goes it's as cheap as it gets, especially with the mail in rebate they've been running. If the Jackson makes you happier, by all means, but if you want the Ibanez necks and fretboards, and don't want a TOM, the extra couple hundred isn't going to make the Jackson that much more appealing.

Besides, no one is forcing you into buying a case, nor a $120 one. The gig-bags they come with are solid, not the super cheap zero padding deals. Though, they might not be fully drummer proof. What is though? :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
The things I would love to see, but prolly wont happen;
7-string versions of the Destroyer and Iceman
A budget RG 8-string in style with RG7321
Baritone 27" 7-string
A single-coil based RGD

blister7321

Reaction score
id want an RGART 7 with a trem
(archtop, reverse headstock and neckthru)
that'd be sexy

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Sunburst MIJ Iceman with 3-A-Side head and production Fireman!

vhmetalx

\m/
Reaction score
Id love to see the rga7 with passive routes actually. but that prolly wont happen. id also possibly like to see an rga7 with a trem. Idk about ibanez trems so i dont know what would be good, but itd be cool to see a rga7 with passive routes and/or a trem.

troyguitar

Reaction score
As far as MIJ Ibanez goes it's as cheap as it gets, especially with the mail in rebate they've been running. If the Jackson makes you happier, by all means, but if you want the Ibanez necks and fretboards, and don't want a TOM, the extra couple hundred isn't going to make the Jackson that much more appealing.

Besides, no one is forcing you into buying a case, nor a $120 one. The gig-bags they come with are solid, not the super cheap zero padding deals. Though, they might not be fully drummer proof. What is though? :lol:

Fair point, I just used the $120 case because that's what you get with any other prestige. Does the mail-in rebate work for a 1451? I thought it's only the 1570 and 1550M, which makes them even more appealing compared to a 1451 (or a 1420/1421). I'm a cheap-ass though, I bought my RG1550M for $675 brand new from a store who wanted to get rid of it - $999 or even 899 just seems like a little too much. I really wish I'd grabbed an RGA121 in metallic purple when they were blown out for $599, that was my ideal fixed bridge Ibanez and at what I think is an appropriate price.

What makes these Ibanez models so much more expensive than equivalent Jacksons? They have cheaper pickups and the rest of the materials are all more or less the same cost, and they have much less labor to do on the necks with no binding and only dot inlays. You're paying something like a 30% premium for the Ibanez name on the headstock. ESP's MIJ stuff is expensive too but you get all name brand parts and generally more intricate binding/inlays so it makes more sense in their case. I have a similar issue with some Caparison models, like a Dellinger with cheap pickups, a cheap fixed bridge, no binding or inlays, and a flat black finish for $2000 or more...

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
Just found out that Ibanez Japan has a non-Prestige AR model. WANT!!

EDIT: I've only just picked up on the fact that their product range lacks the RG2228. What could this mean?

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
RGA7 Prestige with passives gets my vote.. Even though nobody is counting.

..and I actually would love to see a Prestige Iceman. I think it would sell much better than the FR, which is a model i really like, actually. I would imagine that they'll keep the FR around. It must have sold well enough, seeing as how they built some J-Customs based on it... Which I also want pretty bad.

I'm in that small minority that doesn't really have too many complaints about the current Ibanez roster, but I do want something to be excited about this coming year. Ibanez And ESP are what make NAMM exciting for me.

Metamurphic

Dimarzio CRUNK-Lab
Contributor
Reaction score
Second no one's counting vote for RGA prestige 7 with passives.

A prestige 7 with a nice wood top would be nice. I can't escape my love affair with my '00 S7420FM and would be on a new one in an instant. an S5470F in a
7 would be my wet dream.

These kind of expectations aren't rediculous but still highly unlikely :(

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I could totally go for an RGA8 with a bridge that won't go kaput. :yesway: Passives would be nice, too.

I always love looking at Ibanez's website to see what new crazy models they come out with.

vhmetalx

\m/
Reaction score
I also want them to bring back the V they used to make. And also bring it out in a 7. Oh god I would sell my soul for one. Almost. If it played nice and had the right parts.

sevenstringj

Banned
Reaction score
Until they bring back the RG2027X, I couldn't care less what they do.

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
Hoping for a Prestige RGA 7 in the style of the RGA121 with a fixed bridge and RGA121 reissue :D

I have a feeling the RGA420 will get new colors, like blue

Nateman61392

Reaction score
A MIJ non-prestige RGD7 would be amazing... As would a Buz signature... I've been craving some non-prestige 7 string goodness from Ibanez. It feels like the only non-prestige 7 i could buy that I wouldn't have to pickup-change would be the Apex 2 (i already own an XPT707FX. Something else along the lines of the XPT707FX but in different shapes would be amazing.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
A MIJ non-prestige RGD7 would be amazing... As would a Buz signature... I've been craving some non-prestige 7 string goodness from Ibanez. It feels like the only non-prestige 7 i could buy that I wouldn't have to pickup-change would be the Apex 2 (i already own an XPT707FX. Something else along the lines of the XPT707FX but in different shapes would be amazing.

trust me you'd swap em out anyway

Prodigy179

Reaction score
Id like to see some more neck through RGs and some fixed bridge 7s with reverse headstocks. Maybe even a 28` scale 8 string with a fixed bridge, but what ever they do stop making black the only finish option for some of the guitars. I am so tired of black. Its waaay too boring.