Ibanez 2015 - New Models & NAMM Thread

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, as NAMM gets closer and closer, I figure it's high time this thread gets underway. The air is electric with the prospect of spoilers!

So far, there hasn't been much. We've seen some stuff for Europe here, but the only "new" 7s there were a Premium version of the UV7PWH, and a ziricote-topped RG927. Beautiful guitars admittedly, but personally I'm jonesing for some PRESTIGE line guitars!

Just to clarify, we don't have to restrict this to just NAMM. Obviously NAMM only showcases Ibanez guitars which are destined for the American market, which has a long and storied history of being different from what gets sold everywhere else in the world. So if you see something new for Europe, Canada, Australia or Asia, please post that too!

Still though, I'm sure there's more to come. Bring on the spoilers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
As much as the Alex Kenivel from 2 years ago would love to burn the Alex Kenivel of today alive, I think I'll be in the Schecter camp throwing tomatoes at the Ibanez camp.

.. It even feels weird to say it. I've always loved Ibanez. :(

*braces for neg rep/hateful post impact*

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
What I've seen so far:

10919751_433711840110089_211289376_n.jpg

10890826_686214131496208_1341067932_n.jpg

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
^Fanned bass means we could see fanned guitars this year or the next. 99% sure though that they will have EMGs/actives since they are much easier than manufacturing a slanted pickup.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
I'm jonesing for some PRESTIGE line guitars! Bring on the spoilers!

This.

As much as the Alex Kenivel from 2 years ago would love to burn the Alex Kenivel of today alive, I think I'll be in the Schecter camp throwing tomatoes at the Ibanez camp.

.. It even feels weird to say it. I've always loved Ibanez. :(

*braces for neg rep/hateful post impact*

I know what you're sayin, man. I still have hope for Ibby, but the fanboy in me is losin heart.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
5% of my NAMM hope in Ibanez.

The NAMM previews so far have been underwhelming for me. :(
Hipshots everywhere...I'm not a fan of fixed bridges and the only one I like is the TOM, recessed possibly.

Schecter killed the Merrow with a colour that is...bah

ESP has the FRX 7 string only with a fixed and wow in black and white. :/

PRS makes an ARZ Marty Friedman that should be charged guilty for plagiarism.

I still don't get why Ibby doesn't reverse the headstock on the 8 strings... :(
The Ibby with a burl poplar top is wow but I don't like coloured tops with back not painted, either all painted or all natural wood.
And I don't like bindings...I feel sad.
I do really hope Ibby comes up with a fanned, at least to shake the market a bit.
And yeah I join the bandwagon of Ibby fans losing heart.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Personally I'm no Ibanez loyalist but what I'd like to see from them this year is a 7 string FR and some kind of rejig of the RGD series (which I'm half expecting seeing as both the Dino & Head sigs use the shape) I'd also love a model with an S series body and a RGD scale neck too but I know that's never going to happen.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I'm hoping for:

-reversed headstock 7s

-RGD 8s

-MIJ UV

-Prestige 7 Jake Bowen sig

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
I'm still keen to see what comes and will haunt this bastard till I see it all

But to be honest, and I'm sure I've said it before, they did it with the 2127FX and I could care less about anything else they might come out with, UNLESS we are talking putting gotoh locking on them and giving me gloss black loveable dimarzio d-activators, ohwells dreaming, but I still got 2127fx for now

ShredandBalls

Reaction score
Finally, I was waiting for this thread!
Last year was a shitty one but if everything goes as planned there I'll have a couple of NGDs from Ibanez this year :D

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ibanez copying schecter copying Ibanez :lol:

Also I'm not totally sure if this is happening but I wonder if theyres another Daron Malakian Sig in the works? He seems to have recently switched back to Ibanez for the third time :)lol:) and has a new Iceland based on the old Artist series. Pretty much a standard black Iceman but with gold hardware and the Artist trapeze bridge.

Edit: piccy goodness

Soad-Kevin-Winter.jpg

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Forget that, there's a maple boarded, mahogany bodied 7 string right above it! WE ARE DELIVERED!