Ibanez 2018 models announced(teased) :O

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Really excited about these. If they price them in the $1,800-$2,200 range, they'll be a home run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skewkus13

Reaction score
Definitely got that suhr feel to it eh. i like it. especially the headstock. hope its priced well.
I dont see how this would cost anymore to produce than a RG. Hopefully pricing is similar.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
in terms of style I much prefer the new Misha custom shop jackson strat.

yeah that was pretty dope, I had been thinking of something similar, tracking down an old Tom Delong strat on Reverb and then putting a 28" conversion neck on it and swapping the invader for a C-Pig.

lewis

Reaction score
yeah that was pretty dope, I had been thinking of something similar, tracking down an old Tom Delong strat on Reverb and then putting a 28" conversion neck on it and swapping the invader for a C-Pig.
omg can you imagine it?!?!

please do and document the process from start to finish, then I will read that thread, get inspired and basically do the same thing myself haha

28'baritone strat!!.
I might keep the single coils in mine if I do this....Imagine the snarl?

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
haha yeah, I want the Delonge cause its single hum and volume knob, and hardtail, and comes in sea foam green or daphne blue.

But yeah singles would be cool too.

Masoo2

Reaction score
What I just don't understand is why more brands haven't taken the Suhr/Tom Anderson style and made similar models but MII/MIJ/MIK. At least Ibanez is trying, even if the headstock could use some work.

Schecter Japan has some, ESP Edwards I think has like one or two (E-SN-125?), Suhr had the failed Rasmus line, but is anything else out there?

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
I really still can't comprehend why people are so let down by this even if this was already announced months ago and is not even out yet. Seeing all these negative posts getting lots of likes is making me feel depressed. I get it, you want them to bring back Prestige RGAs and they already did, too bad they have a trem (at least it's a Lo-Pro), only six strings, and are only available in Japan, and most of you can't even afford it (which I find laughable because they already own a bunch of expensive guitars and are very OCD about the quality control, which they're mostly skeptical about Ibanez's), and even if they're widely available there's still gonna be a way for them to bitch about it.

Personally, I love the aesthetics of the AZ and the slightly offset headstock, it gives it a more unique trait compared to the ones found on almost every solid-bodied model. I bet if it was reversed, they'll go nuts about it.

Speaking of Ibanez headstocks, how come I never hear anyone talk about the Roadcore series, let alone complain about not having the traditional sharp headstock?
RC1320_DBS_00_01.png

Back to the AZ, the only thing I really don't like about it is the bulging backplate, hopefully this could be fixed when it's out. I have really good expectations for the series when it comes out and no doubts that there will be a good amount of NGD threads that will be posted here.