Ibanez 2021 models (Headless!)

• Thread starter bastardbullet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Kinda warming up to it now. The Magic Touch seems like a wise choice. Ibanez used it in some of their past archtops, so it will be able to do that tele neck pup jazz thing. Additionally, they may have put a mini humbucker so the split mode would be similar to an undersized tele neck pup. Now I can't wait for clips to arrive.

binz

Reaction score
Is it a regular thing that the US market models eventually come to the EU market or should I not get my hopes up? Sti pining at that cheap pink sparkle RG standard series model..

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it a regular thing that the US market models eventually come to the EU market or should I not get my hopes up? Sti pining at that cheap pink sparkle RG standard series model..

Just email the distributor for your region. They choose which models they import, but are usually open to ordering something "out of region" if you have cash in hand.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

binz

Reaction score
Just email the distributor for your region. They choose which models they import, but are usually open to ordering something "out of region" if you have cash in hand.
I did at thomann and they said they couldn't get it. So my question was more if they (as in Ibanez) sometimes change their minds on which models come to which markets / distributors (as you cna see I have no idea how big international brands work)

I play music

Reaction score
I did at thomann and they said they couldn't get it. So my question was more if they (as in Ibanez) sometimes change their minds on which models come to which markets / distributors (as you cna see I have no idea how big international brands work)
The RGB we already had last year, North America got them new for this year. If the model you want sells incredibly well over there then I guess maybe next year will also be here. But don't ask me how often those things happen.

Thomann is not the distributor AFAIK, they are just a shop that gets guitars from the distributor.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold your breath, they'll probably be scalped on Reverb anyway.

like everything lmao

I swear you guys wanna make some money, seems like you could see whatever it is I'm selling at the moment and wait for it's value to triple in few months. Just sold a Matchless DC30 so I fully expect them to go out of business and all their amps to soon be worth like $8,000.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I swear you guys wanna make some money, seems like you could see whatever it is I'm selling at the moment and wait for it's value to triple in few months. Just sold a Matchless DC30 so I fully expect them to go out of business and all their amps to soon be worth like $8,000.
I don’t scalp. If I wanted to make money, I’d work on my masters degree and all my project management certs

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this it for 2021? Is there anything more coming (other artist sigs?).

This will be it for now. Possibly something new/cool announced next quarter and so on but the bulk of this year's line-up is locked in. The pandemic probably has a bit to do with it however this is one of the most mediocre years for Ibanez that I can remember.

Reactions: BTS

BTS

BTS
Reaction score
This will be it for now. Possibly something new/cool announced next quarter and so on but the bulk of this year's line-up is locked in. The pandemic probably has a bit to do with it however this is one of the most mediocre years for Ibanez that I can remember.

Cheers... yeah, id had my hopes up for something a bit different than what came out.

potatohead

Reaction score

So... What else do you have for sale..? :rofl: