Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 106 31.5%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 54 16.0%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 45 13.4%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 96 28.5%

• Total voters

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
Ok guys, I think it's the right time to start this thread to know what is coming for 2022

I couldn't get photos but I have received some details that Ibanez will have a few new models for the next year, starting with RGAs Prestige 6 strings, but sadly not in 7 strings versions.

New Iron Labels multiescale are coming, and some RGDs with new finishes.

Talking about the RGA prestiges, I was told the Horns cut or what ever are called, are going to be different than previous models, now the deep cut in the horns are similar to the Blue RGA LACS made for Jake Bowen.

So lets see what comes pretty soon.

Disclaimer: I only received info about a few guitar series and details of the description, but my friend did not provided me with actual photos to avoid spoilers and problems with Ibanez.
ibanez-j-custom@1400x1050.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
none of these. I want a floral jem prestige.
Anyone know why they don’t make more reissues of super classic stuff that they know will sell? Are they worried about pissing off collectors by increasing supply? @MaxOfMetal any thoughts? I would think the 777 and 77FP would have a run every few years, given how popular they are. Same with the UVs.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
Anyone know why they don’t make more reissues of super classic stuff that they know will sell? Are they worried about pissing off collectors by increasing supply? @MaxOfMetal any thoughts? I would think the 777 and 77FP would have a run every few years, given how popular they are. Same with the UVs.

Fuck the collectors. I want a floral jem and not have to pay $4k+ for a used one with dents, chips, pitted frets, and rusty hardware.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Fujigen capacity has been a nightmare the last decade, and it's really put a damper on a lot of cool projects that have been thrown around. Not to mention Steve, who has the first and last say on any of that, hasn't been especially sentimental about his old stuff lately.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
Fujigen capacity has been a nightmare the last decade, and it's really put a damper on a lot of cool projects that have been thrown around. Not to mention Steve, who has the first and last say on any of that, hasn't been especially sentimental about his old stuff lately.

Does anyone even like the PIA? I feel like I have not seen that much praise for that guitar, then again I am generally ignorant and stupid with this kind of stuff.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone even like the PIA? I feel like I have not seen that much praise for that guitar, then again I am generally ignorant and stupid with this kind of stuff.

Every PIA built sells, and it's been that way since release. They're making as many as they reasonably can. It's been a hit.

They tend to sell well in Asia and South America where the kind of instrumental shred stuff is still very popular. Not that they don't sell well in NA or Europe, but you're not going to see them pop up as frequently, they are fairly niche after all.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
If Ibanez wants to pry open my wallet for a new guitar again they're gonna have to drop a prestige Xiphos 6 and/or 7.

So, I'll have to stick with the custom market for my ostentatious guitars. *sigh*

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Every PIA built sells, and it's been that way since release. They're making as many as they reasonably can. It's been a hit.

They tend to sell well in Asia and South America where the kind of instrumental shred stuff is still very popular. Not that they don't sell well in NA or Europe, but you're not going to see them pop up as frequently, they are fairly niche after all.

I'm guessing a Premium or Standard PIA would show up at some point. Easy prediction since even the Jem Jrs sell a fair bit.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Wes Hauch sig please?
What if I told you...

...that the launch of the Iron Label ICTB721 model earlier this year was a feeler to test the waters and see if there really was demand for the return of the Iceman in the market before Ibanez throws more of their resources into producing a higher spec, higher priced Iceman?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What if I told you...

...that the launch of the Iron Label ICTB721 model earlier this year was a feeler to test the waters and see if there really was demand for the return of the Iceman in the market before Ibanez throws more of their resources into producing a higher spec, higher priced Iceman?

Return? It has been available in some form every year since the early 90's.