Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mattier303

Reaction score
If they brought the SZ line back, they’d probably get me to buy one of their new guitars. All I want is a 24-fret SZ with a Lo-Pro. Ebony board would send me over the moon, but anything but Jatoba would work.

SZ’s have been popping up used a LOT lately, they’re jumping up in price. At one point you could snag an SZ320 for $150 used, now they’re all around $300-$400. Mine was $500, cased, in ‘05.
one of my first ibanez was the sz320 blue and natural. Then I bought the sz4020 prestige, natural color, really amazing looking but Les Paul heavy. i have pics somewhere.

InfernalVortex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didnt see anything that neat on the list... and it looks like the 565 isnt listed anymore so I impulsively got myself one of the last new RG565's I could find on reverb. I've been planning to buy a 7 string RG finally... guess it'll have to wait.

I feel like they should have a LOT more 27" 7 strings than they do. The RG2027XL blue is a nice color, but I didnt want another dark blue Ibanez. And then the RGIXL7 is Indo... and I'm not sure how I feel about a $1000 Indonesian guitar... I think what I really wanted was an RGR752 with a 27" scale and an Edge. Maybe something like that has existed recently, I haven't been watching that closely in recent years.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I do wish they'd release an AZ/RG hybrid. I dig the AZ shape, but wish they'd go with the flashy colors, pointy headstock, and locking trem.
This, 1 million times
Ibanez S (sabers) are great guitars for smaller people. Big guys may find them a toy sized. A guitar's ergonomics is not defined only by the neck/scale length or forearm contour. The body's design matters a lot...

... more than the pickups... 😁
I disagree on the point that it's for smaller people
That sound you hear is me eating my words because now I want one.

It's calling my name during the night since I first saw it.
It doesn't help that it's an S and I love the S shape

On a side note @Ibanez Rules @zimbloth @MaxOfMetal , do you have any idea why Ibanez hasn't ventured yet on equipping Evertune bridges?

Also, why not releasing every 5 years the PGM100? That's an instrument that for the people who lived the 90s is almost as iconic as the Floreal JEM
They have the PGMM11, so they realize that guitar setup has some history on its shoulder, but in that price line it's a toy

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This, 1 million times

It's calling my name during the night since I first saw it.
It doesn't help that it's an S and I love the S shape

On a side note @Ibanez Rules @zimbloth @MaxOfMetal , do you have any idea why Ibanez hasn't ventured yet on equipping Evertune bridges?

Also, why not releasing every 5 years the PGM100? That's an instrument that for the people who lived the 90s is almost as iconic as the Floreal JEM
They have the PGMM11, so they realize that guitar setup has some history on its shoulder, but in that price line it's a toy

They have used Evertunes.

Even Paul doesn't play the PGM100, so I doubt they'll put it out until he wants it.

Reaction score
(...)

(...)

I didn't say the Sabers aren't for big people, only that they may find them to be "toy sized". I also said that these are great for small people, I didn't say they were designed specifically for small people.

I love sabers as well.

@Kyle Jordan it's growing on me as well and under that videos' light it looks gorgeous.

@bastardbullet a 7 string version would be great as well and I wouldn't mind the multiscale thing going on.

I wonder if it's easy to install some piezos in this one...

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Q for the Ibanez gurus:

How long has Ibanez been doing the undercut fret tangs on the Indo models?

I just noticed in the McKnight video I posted that the fret tangs were not exposed and looking at the low level S series on Sweetwater, the unbound boards also have this. My '13 S8 does not.

I'm actually kind of impressed if this is across the board. (No pun intended.)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Q for the Ibanez gurus:

How long has Ibanez been doing the undercut fret tangs on the Indo models?

I just noticed in the McKnight video I posted that the fret tangs were not exposed and looking at the low level S series on Sweetwater, the unbound boards also have this. My '13 S8 does not.

I'm actually kind of impressed if this is across the board. (No pun intended.)

A few years now, maybe 15'/16'. It's nothing fancy, they just nip the tangs at the end and use coordinating color filler at the ends, it's not "real" hidden tangs, and the end of the fret itself can still poke out from board shrink.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I didn't say the Sabers aren't for big people, only that they may find them to be "toy sized". I also said that these are great for small people, I didn't say they were designed specifically for small people.

I love sabers as well.

@Kyle Jordan it's growing on me as well and under that videos' light it looks gorgeous.

@bastardbullet a 7 string version would be great as well and I wouldn't mind the multiscale thing going on.

I wonder if it's easy to install some piezos in this one...
There's no space in the cavity for the electronics of the piezos, you can see it in Phillip McKnight review

Reaction score
There's no space in the cavity for the electronics of the piezos, you can see it in Phillip McKnight review

oooh, I'll make it happen... muahahahahaha...

Yeah, I saw de video. It will need a new cavity for the battery, the miniswitch would be transforme for the Mags/mix switch, I have a few VLX91 switches around here, so that would work as well... I'm just thinking in what brand should I go for, Fishmann, Graphtech or LR Baggs... 😁

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
oooh, I'll make it happen... muahahahahaha...

Yeah, I saw de video. It will need a new cavity for the battery, the miniswitch would be transforme for the Mags/mix switch, I have a few VLX91 switches around here, so that would work as well... I'm just thinking in what brand should I go for, Fishmann, Graphtech or LR Baggs... 😁
I wouldn't get rid of the switch, would just add another one :D

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I’m officially GAS’ing for the RGDMS8. I loved just about everything about the RGD71ALMS but the finish and the fact that it only had 7 strings - and while a few features were dropped in this edition, those two specific niggles were addressed.

Has anyone already said when we think these will hit, or are we still in “don’t hold your breath” mode?

Ammusa

Reaction score
Seems a bit weird, but correct me if I'm wrong. In Rich photos the RGA necks are stamped F21*****. Does this mean, that these are made as early as 2021? :oops:

Latest posts