Ibanez 2023 Models ! What would you like to see ?

• Thread starter Inanimate100
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
What the hell when did Noodles get a signature ibby? And is it a custom shaped talman?

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
^I was about to say that. I think I remember his sig in the revered 97 catalog. If it wasn't his sig, he got one some time within five years I'm thinking.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Random question after thinking about the RGA, has anyone played a 27 fret guitar before? Was it weird to play on or was it not noticeable? Only reason I ask is because even 22 fretted guitars throw me off as I use the symmetrical 12 and 12 on a 24 fret to keep place. But I'd imagine adding more wouldn't affect this.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I am wayyyyy out of the Ibanez lore forgive me guys, haha.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I checked Ibanez's site but couldn't find an "artist signed" year, well at least on Gilbert's Ibby Artist page.

Tom odd 7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Random question after thinking about the RGA, has anyone played a 27 fret guitar before? Was it weird to play on or was it not noticeable? Only reason I ask is because even 22 fretted guitars throw me off as I use the symmetrical 12 and 12 on a 24 fret to keep place. But I'd imagine adding more wouldn't affect this.
I’m inclined to think the same way upon this subject.
After playin' 24 frets (whatever 6 or 7 strings), going back into a 22 frets, is a bit disappointing for me.
I tried 27 (Hamer californian) and 30 (RG2011) and didn't encountered problem, but surely noticed the extra range.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Only one new S model this year. This is a shame.

Maybe they would sell better if they got rid of those ugly pickup rings on their 6 string trem models. If they can do it for Nita Strauss, I’m sure they can do for the rest of us. It’s why I only have a 7 string S Prestige and haven’t bought a 6 string.

The S and RG are basically the same guitar nowadays in that they have Wizard necks, 24 frets, and now have the same trems. Not sure why they don’t do as well as the RGs. Maybe the 22 fret S was flailing in the 2000s and the change to make it similar to the RG was a form of attempted life support.

I think that the S will go the way of the Radius and will only be available as signature models in a few years.

Back in the 90's I LOVED the flame maple green S with gold hardware, but when I finally tried one it felt like a toy because the body was so small. It doesn't matter how much I dig the look/specs of an S, I'll most likely never buy one just because of that thin body. I'm interested to try a Kiko since it seems like a thicker S and it's why I dug the SZ; they were the closest to an S without being anorexic.